Do I need to be NPIP registered in Australia

Animal02

In the Brooder
Oct 21, 2019
I’ve been looking at chicken breeding and have seen that you need to be NPIP registered but haven’t seen anything like that in Australia do you need to be NPIP registered in Australia? If so is it with a different organisation

I’ve been looking at chicken breeding and have seen that you need to be NPIP registered but haven’t seen anything like that in Australia do you need to be NPIP registered in Australia? If so is it with a different organisation
I live in Australia as well, I’m sure that you don’t need one as hundreds of people breed and sell and there is no problem. Good luck!

NPIP in USA is to show that your flock is free from certain diseases, and has been inspected for certain parameters. It is required to be able to ship chicks or birds in the US. So, if you are planning to ship chicks or birds in Australia, then you need to find out if anything similar is required. Otherwise, you might be able to call the Department of Agriculture (Australian equivalent) to find out if something like NPIP exists in Australia and for what purpose.

Back
Top Bottom