Do Owls attack Pheasants?

Common misconception. Hawks never carry their prey away. Nor do falcons. Eagles and owls do however carry their prey away.

IMaybe that hawk didnt read your book dude just saying. Im going to google it Not to mention when you say puppy are u saying a new born or almost grown. I could see someone getting hswks eagles cofused. The mystery continues. I just googled it mystery solved you can believe your eyes guy. Red tail hawks CAN carry a dog up to 20 lbs. and since you scared it it makes sense it flew away Google is the bomb. FUN fact big hawk do statch dogs

Last edited:

Youtube link to news story of a hawk attacking lap dog
No it wouldnt be the hawk. Why does everyone on this sight believe that hawks carry their prey away. The fact is they don't. The thing that too k that dog was the owl she briefly mentioned. owls will take their prey away. also owls are bolder than hawks so wouldn't be bothered by the fact those big dogs were out!!!!

IMaybe that hawk didnt read your book dude just saying. Im going to google it Not to mention when you say puppy are u saying a new born or almost grown. I could see someone getting hswks eagles cofused. The mystery continues. I just googled it mystery solved you can believe your eyes guy. Red tail hawks CAN carry a dog up to 20 lbs. and since you scared it it makes sense it flew away Google is the bomb. FUN fact big hawk do statch dogs
yes a hawk does have the ability to carry off many prey items but my point is, THEY DON'T. They never carry their prey off. This is one thing that bugs me. Owls, eagle and kites take their prey away. Hawks and falcons do not. The reason for thiss is because they first pluck or rip into the body of the prey then eat the fleshiest parts, usually leaving the rest. On the other hand owls usually eat whatevr and regurtitate other bits later so they have no need to pluck etc. first. Eagles are powerful enough to carry their prey away without having a significant change in speed, or predators in the air. Kites take small prey items when they hunt(rarely-they are mainly scavengers) and eat them mid flight by holding with their feet and bringing prey item to beak!

K youre right Dad didnt see a HAWK carry off a rabbit I havent seen. a Hawk with a snake nor is that bird they have on the table real and other authories are probably from coli smoking pot but its NOT possible according to max okay

Just so you know dog is npt on the menu but if a hawk is hungry enough it will. now it would habe to be small to carry off. What arr the bones at the base of the nesting tree?If ypu want to call hawks alift cinservatory ordogcare.dailypuppy and tell them they dont know by all means. I agree its not common but it has happened thats what I take issue with. Rare yes cant happen wrong

Hello,
I just wanted to comment that I have had an owl in it's nest with it's babies for 2 years now and I have only noticed them feeding on the mice that are around my pens. My pens are also enclosed so they really can't get into them but I'm sure if I put any chicks out there from the brooder they would figure something out to get to them.

YES in the south we have barn owls greathorned owels and they will kill and try to carry off full grown pheasants they fly over my pens scare the birds into flying then grab them anbd tear off theie heads they cant pull them through the netting so will eat what they can hold in ther clasws

Back
Top Bottom