Do people in southern states like pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stay up here cause there are toooooooo many pizza places now... Just keep in mind New Haven, Connecticut, has one of the best pizzas in the whole U.S. My father worked at Yorkside Pizza, best Greek pizza in New Haven in the 1970s to learn there tricks, then he opened his own pizza place in early 1980s in a small town using there recipes. We did great for years untill a mob of pizza resturants came into our little town... I really want to share the great Greek pizza in the south, you guys are missing out.. I also want to sell gyros, baklava, souvlaki, spanakopita, and many more in the south..

Just hoping people in the south will like it..

Is that a mob of pizza joints or a mob pizza joint?
hide.gif

Nope. We all hate it. You should probably just stay up there. The last thing we need down here is someone whose initial business plan is to be insulting to the customer base.
roll.png

Way to stereotype there, skippy.

Nashville actually already has a number of excellent Greek restautrants as well as several truly wonderful pizza places that are not chain pizza joints. Contrary to popular belief, most of us do enjoy a multi-cultural existance (alongside of our shrimp and grits).

lau.gif
Love it!

I did a travel nursing job in RI a few years back and I must say I wasn't surprised to find that ignorance...true blue, down to the bone ignorance...is not a regional thing. It's everywhere!

I can't stay up here cause there are toooooooo many pizza places now... Just keep in mind New Haven, Connecticut, has one of the best pizzas in the whole U.S. My father worked at Yorkside Pizza, best Greek pizza in New Haven in the 1970s to learn there tricks, then he opened his own pizza place in early 1980s in a small town using there recipes. We did great for years untill a mob of pizza resturants came into our little town... I really want to share the great Greek pizza in the south, you guys are missing out.. I also want to sell gyros, baklava, souvlaki, spanakopita, and many more in the south..

Well to start off with most of us here in the South don't even know what the hell these last 4 foods are, Sure ain't gona order something I never heard of before, Most of us down here don't take to trying something new & very much so when it comes to Southern food,
But I like my pizza the way it is now

I really want to share the great Greek pizza in the south, you guys are missing out..

Each region has its own traditions when it comes to food. Don't waist your time coming south with with the mindset you have now. Not many people will react well to it. If you come south you will have to cook southern pizza or go bust.

I also want to sell gyros, baklava, souvlaki, spanakopita, and many more in the south..

As a rule southerners will eat almost anything but for the most part they will not order food that does not have descriptive English names.

Spanakopita will not sell but spinach pie will.

Souvlaki wont sell ether but lamb kabobs will.

You get the idea.

Last edited:
Each region has its own traditions when it comes to food. Don't waist your time coming south with with the mindset you have now. Not many people will react well to it. If you come south you will have to cook southern pizza or go bust.

As a rule southerners will eat almost anything but for the most part they will not order food that does not have descriptive English names.

Spanakopita will not sell but spinach pie will.

Souvlaki wont sell ether but lamb kabobs will.

You get the idea.

Greek Souvlaki is pork not lamb... But we do cook whole lamb/goats on rotisseries.

I was born in Houston and spent my first ten years of my life there.I can say without a doubt if you want any kind of ethnic food, it's in Houston. It's quite cosmopolitan you might say, but with a Texas drawl ya'll. You say you cook whole lamb/ goat on rotisseries? We cook something called cabrito. It's steamed goat, but in a earthen pit. It's so tender the meat just falls off the bone.
droolin.gif
I don't see why we couldn't use a really good pizza place down here. Sure beats the stuff you normally have to choke down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom