Do polish chickens roost?

Thanks bunnylady, good to know. I may have to build a ladder for Fancy Nancy. She used to snuggle with my frizzle, but the frizzle passed away this fall and I worry that she's getting chilly.

Yes polishes roost. I did not know that silkies do not roost though. That will be something I need to take into consideration if I get silkies

My lone silkie just nestles into the corner of the coop, so make sure you have a corner that doesn't have a roost overhead, or build a slanted roof under the roost for her/him. My plan is to get her another silkie pal so she can be warmer during the winter. As it is, whenever we get sleet or rain I'm bringing her in at the end of the day and blow drying her feather fur before I put her in the coop for the night. A year ago I didn't even have chickens, or think I wanted them. Now I'm happily running a chicken beauty shop it seems.

I know how that it. I grew up on my gma's farm but didnt get back into chickens until june 2012. This is my first very own flock. I dont know what I would do without them now. It is amazing how hooked you get so fast. My life was completly changed when I got my birds. I started with 8 and now have 66 lol Chicken math!!!

Back
Top Bottom