Do Roos develop tail AND wing feathers slower? Also, are my TSC “cuckoo Marans” blue Plymouth rocks?

but then two of them had shorty stubby wings. The stubby winged birds are also yet to get any tail feathers, meanwhile everyone else is sporting them. Could this be a clue to who is a rooster?
In my experience most of the time when they've got little wings and no tail while others already do have tails and bigger wings than thay're usually roosters.

Can't help with the breed tho.

Go back
They are not blue Plymouth Rocks or blue Rocks. That would be the breed Plymouth Rock in the variety of blue. There are such a thing but they are rare and not sold for TSC prices.
Some hatcheries are labeling their versions of Sapphire Gems with that name. I'd suspect that what you bought. Blue sex links by whatever name they decided to call them this season.
If they're males they should end up with barring although it may be hard to see on blue. Pullets will be solid blue.
Just my opinion.
t

I was at TSC a while back and they did post a bin with “blue Plymouth Rock”. I even went back to read it again. But I went to Hoover hatchery and couldn’t find that breed. I did find the “rare assortment” which is usually what they mark in a bucket and just write “straight run” on it - maybe you can pick from these breeds to narrow down the search?
0A60DD98-158A-4572-B250-8FA68AEF832C.png

If I’m not mistaken, a blue rock is a sapphire gem, a sexlinked chicken hybrid, by crossing a barred rock and blue Andalusian?

Back
Top Bottom