Do Silkie Bantams make good pets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was curious to see what kind of people would go along with comments such as this one. A comment like this is actually considered to be the bullying type. Anyway, upon my search I discovered that one individual seems to have insecurity issues, another is just on here to meet people like this is some sort of dating site and the other one looks like they seriously need to go into rehab. Crack is wack ppl. Remember that.
You are the definition of a troll.

We apologize to the original poster of this thread for the downturn it took. We may clean this thread up and reopen it. In the meantime, please don't post a duplicate thread.

While this thread is locked, it will give everyone an opportunity to read this:

We need peeps to do 2 things for us to keep it open:
  1. Try to have thick-skins. If you don't like something, try your best to just move past it.
  2. Only post things that are helpful, friendly, and appropriate. If you break our rules, you may get blocked from this thread, or even blocked from accessing BYC.

A Reminder Of Our Rules:

We require all our members to remain civil, friendly, and respectful in ALL their public interactions. If we notice you are breaking this rule (to which you agreed when signing up for BYC), we'll need to issue a warning and even potentially remove your access to our community.

Also, a reminder on best-practices:
  1. Again, if you see something that bothers you, try to have a thick skin and move past it. Definitely don't quote it and/or reply.
  2. If a post breaks our rules, report it. Definitely don't quote it and/or reply.
  3. Be friendly and supportive. Avoid posts, etc., that will cause contention. Our team will determine, at our discretion, what we feel is and isn't appropriate, so it's best to err on the side of caution and stay away from anything that might be interpreted as contentious, trolling, or otherwise breaking our rules.
Our AMAZING team is putting in a LOT of time and effort to keep things running smoothly. Please help make their jobs easier! (because at some point, the amount of work to keep this open won't be worth the time / stress to our incredible moderators).

Thanks again to all those that follow our rules and play nice!

Because you want a chicken to literally sleep in your bed you said 😨
U act like u never heard of chickens sleeping with people before. Lol. U must be from the countryside somewhere. Let me tell u that if it were all up to me, one dog would sleep by my feet, the other by my ribs, the quails on the pillow next to me, the chicken perched on my calves, the starlings on my head, the pigeons under the sheets with me and the husband in the other room 'cause there won't be any space left for him. Haha.

Silkies are fairly skittish especially the younger ones. Over time you bond with them and they become less skittish. I know some people have had silkies live for 12 years! They are friendly which makes the really good for children. If you want chickens to cuddle I’d suggest polish or pekin. But overall they are beautiful, chick wanting, picky, fluffy, little chickens :)

Will this chicken be an emotional support chicken?
Sounds like you may be in real need for one.
So, I was curious to see what kind of people would go along with comments such as this one. A comment like this is actually considered to be the bullying type. Anyway, upon my search I discovered that one individual seems to have insecurity issues, another is just on here to meet people like this is some sort of dating site and the other one looks like they seriously need to go into rehab. Crack is wack ppl. Remember that.

I don't think u get a pass to give me any type of advice. Have u looked in the mirror lately? If u're incapable of taking care of urself then u're also incapable of taking care of any animal. So, stay in ur lane for the time being and go on ur merry way 'cause u've just been dismissed. ✌🏼
Well that was incredibly rude.

I agree with a single chicken not belonging in an appartment. Are you even allowed to have a chicken in an apartment or ate you one of those people that either don't care or are doing it just because you aren't supposed to?

Great questions. I'm buying to keep as a pet. I'm getting it as a chick from online...which by the way poses another issue which is that they want me to buy minimum 5 and that's an impossibility. I don't have room for 5 chickens, 2 quails and 2 dogs in my NYC apartment and nor do I want such a huge commitment. With that said, are u aware of any online sites that would allow me to purchase just 1 or 2?
What's made you decide on a chicken? I feel like maybe a rabbit or a cat would work better for your life :D chickens are very social and need 2 (in my opinion, 3) for a minimum group, plus having access to yard, sun, grass, all makes a pretty happy bird. House birds are a thing and they can lead insanely happy lives but I feel like a rabbit or something would a much easier and better suited pet! Buying chickens online generally require wayyyy more than a minimum order of 5, I'm actually surprised you found that :0 generally people buy chickens to become a flock or add to a flock (taking into account for like losses and unwanted cockerels as well!)

My Silkie hen grabbed a long piece of grass out young pullets beak and pulled it out! Saved its life from crop issues!! How's that not smart!?
I don't think I ever said all silkies were dumb, but I've had many over the years. The particular intelligence of silkies also isn't the point I was trying to make, more so why they're looking for a bird particularly that is intelligent, like are they going to train them to do tricks? I am curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom