Do you crochet or knit?

With me it's small children and yarn. About the same, really. My mom taught me crochet when I was young. She was always sitting on the couch smoking and making afghans back then. It is very awkward at first, especially if you have arthritic hands. I also have arthritis in my hands and wrists. My fingers point in wonky directions even when they're limber and warmed up.

My stitches tend to be uneven and tighten as I go no matter what, so I pull it out and try to correct it. Last year I bought knitting needles and learned two basic stitches. I liked how it didn't tighten up quite as badly as with crochet. I bought a knitting loom and it worked even better for me. That said, I never finished that project. Ha!

Have you ever worked with clay? That is also a good tension reliever. Beating air bubbles out of it is my favorite part. Whomp! Whomp! Squish...

With me it's small children and yarn. About the same, really. My mom taught me crochet when I was young. She was always sitting on the couch smoking and making afghans back then. It is very awkward at first, especially if you have arthritic hands. I also have arthritis in my hands and wrists. My fingers point in wonky directions even when they're limber and warmed up.

My stitches tend to be uneven and tighten as I go no matter what, so I pull it out and try to correct it. Last year I bought knitting needles and learned two basic stitches. I liked how it didn't tighten up quite as badly as with crochet. I bought a knitting loom and it worked even better for me. That said, I never finished that project. Ha!

Have you ever worked with clay? That is also a good tension reliever. Beating air bubbles out of it is my favorite part. Whomp! Whomp! Squish...
I loved my ceramics class in college and would love to work with clay again. But throwing pots on a dang wheel was an absolute nightmare for my OCD. No way in heck could I try that again, so everything would have to be hand built, which I love.

I wonder if there's a community kiln somewhere I can use for a small fee. I'd love to work on ceramics at home and bring some things to fire up in the kiln. But just going through the process of learning how to fire and fire again and glazing, ugh. I guess I have to bear the storms to get to the good stuff, though!

Oh, and I spent 30 minutes casting on one stitch last night. ONE!

I crochet and now that I'm off school I've been working on granny squares for the afghan I've been working on for about a year and a half. It's fun. I havent had many opportunities to crochet at school because this past semester I was working 19 hours a week. this break is going to be about relaxing and crocheting. Lol.

53D4BAB5-98E0-4855-858C-A984B3F78E01.jpeg
love Fair Isle patterns

If it has a chart for the fair isle you CAN crochet it! Either single crochet or double crochet... one st in the chart is one st in the crochet. :).

I love both knittin and crochet... along with hand embroidery, quiltin and spinnin. Crochet was my first love and i love doin thread work in that so so much. I have made about anything to wear or use in the home in crochet. But workin with thread was always my fav in that... i loved complicated doilies and baby clothes in it most of all.

This is my project right now. It has been a while since i did a fair isle piece and it aways has me stayin up way late cause it is like lays tater chips..... just one more row. Hahahahaha! I think i am gonna make me a pair of socks after this. Cause i need some new socks! Both yarns in this i spun also.

I crochet! Knitting was to hard and I couldn’t keep the yarn on the needles. My recent projects are:

Attachments

• 12971152-9106-4822-9527-5931E04779C2.jpeg
    12971152-9106-4822-9527-5931E04779C2.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 6
  • 6D459EFA-8B02-431F-B441-474994EE6E4C.png
    6D459EFA-8B02-431F-B441-474994EE6E4C.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 92E2D4B8-D9A0-45D7-815B-DE90C002CE9C.png
    92E2D4B8-D9A0-45D7-815B-DE90C002CE9C.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • A96AAE2B-7592-4B15-AAAB-D92EE268FB1B.png
    A96AAE2B-7592-4B15-AAAB-D92EE268FB1B.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
View attachment 1219184 love Fair Isle patterns

If it has a chart for the fair isle you CAN crochet it! Either single crochet or double crochet... one st in the chart is one st in the crochet. :).

I love both knittin and crochet... along with hand embroidery, quiltin and spinnin. Crochet was my first love and i love doin thread work in that so so much. I have made about anything to wear or use in the home in crochet. But workin with thread was always my fav in that... i loved complicated doilies and baby clothes in it most of all.

This is my project right now. It has been a while since i did a fair isle piece and it aways has me stayin up way late cause it is like lays tater chips..... just one more row. Hahahahaha! I think i am gonna make me a pair of socks after this. Cause i need some new socks! Both yarns in this i spun also.
Oh, that's beautiful. It looks so soft and comfy!!

View attachment 1219184 love Fair Isle patterns

@sfgwife does a very good job.
full

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom