Do you guys know what gender this is?

mya_975

In the Brooder
Sep 24, 2022
image.jpg

Trying to figure out what gender this chicken is it’s a rir. Any help is appreciated!

Welcome to BYC! :frow

It's way too early to tell.

Post back when you see some comb or wattle development or reddening, which will be the first signs.. often close to 4-6 weeks but sometimes later.

There are currently NO indicators of gender.. Behavior can SOMETIMES give early clues.

Does "he have any friends?

My family assumes "he" until we know for sure.. less disappointment that way. :p

Post back when you see some comb or wattle development or reddening, which will be the first signs.. often close to 4-6 weeks but sometimes later.

There are currently NO indicators of gender.. Behavior can SOMETIMES give early clues.

My family assumes "he" until we know for sure.. less disappointment that way. :p

I’ve been also calling him and he lol i just kinda have a feeling that it’s a boy. He unfortunately does not have any friends right now he is what we’re calling a miracle chicken because he hatched on day 19 and was the only one to hatch out of 9 eggs we incubated. We have some other chicks on the way that should be here tomorrow so he will have some friends! I figured it would be too young to figure out but just wanted to try. thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom