Do you have a dog???

This is my baby! Most useless guard dog ever as she has never growled at anything other than animals on tv (including scoody doo-cartoon animals are still a threat), but she is only 17 months so maybe when she is older).

I will see if you can guess the 3 breeds in her, but im not expecting much as no one has come close yet. She was the result of a old friends dog getting out when she shouldnt have! The cat and dog picture is nutmeg as a pup, she is a lot bigger than that and weighs 36kg now!

Last edited:
She has 1/4 german shepherd-mum is german shepherd cross rottweiler, im impressed most people say ridgeback before anything else!

Last edited:
Lol lucky is got shepherd in her for sure! What's her dads breed? She does have the shepherd in her. Its hard to tell i am not sure how big she is... (your dog) but she is cute

She was about 7 months there so she is a little bigger but that gives the size, her dad was american bulldog so she is a real heinz 57 but people can rarely tell, they usually say staffy cross (the grin), ridgeback or dane as she is quite large for all the breeds in her. Doesnt have a defensive bone in her body, the postman dropped a letter on her yesterday when she was sleeping and she was like scooby doo running away on the laminate flooring!

Lucky is beautiful, I love the rotty nature as I find they have this amazing laid back stubborn loving needy temperament throughout most of the breed but im not a fan of the wide heads (sorry nutmeg!) the german shepherd look is perfect and I will always love german shepherds as the ones I have known have been great dogs. A smaller rotty/gsd sounds like the perfect combo!

Last edited:
ahh that explains! She is really pretty. The color coat doesn't look like a german/rott/English bulldog! She is quite the mix... Lucky terrible at taking photos. I would see why ppl would say ridgeback because of her traits and color, I thought she might've been part shepherd because of the coat, (Shepherd straw long) Like Lucky, plus the ears resemble a pit bull like mine. And the face, I will try and put more photos of lucky.

Dog prices in the US range from free to several thousand dollars US. But I can't understand why it seems everything across the pond is so much more expensive. There was recently someone on one of the goose threads that mentioned that Toulouse geese were going for x Euros and I did a conversion it came out to 600 dollars US. For that much money I could buy the geese here and ship them there and still have money left. A sheltie for 800 pounds would be over 1600 dollars US. My sheltie, who was born with a defective leg and was to be put down by the breeder, I got for 500 US and my Short Haired Pointer I got for 75 US. Several of our dogs we got for nothing by rescuing them. Don't focus on pure breeds. My favorite breed is a BOAB Hound. BOAB is for Best Of All Breeds (mutts) and they often are the best dog around.
I remember that about the Toulouse! I suppose it´s just demand. Here you can pick up dogs off the street for free!!!
th.gif
and recently someone has abandoned a German shepherd at a farm near us, and the dog is a nuisance as it goes visiting around. But the people at the farm seem to be feeding it, so.....
Normally it´s cross-breeds that are dumped, but people also dump their pedigrees too, when they get fed up with the mess, noise, etc....and at vacation time, too.

Here are two of mine, we gave them a home when they were 4 weeks old. I didn´t intend to keep them both, but took on the two as there was a better chance of survival if they had a litter-mate...
and then my son couldn´t part with them.
Here they are soon after we brought them home, playing with another we´d picked up about 6 months previously, so still just a pup herself.

Here they are all grown up...

And here´s the latest arrival. We´ve had her a couple of months now. Took me a month to catch her, she´d been run over twice, apparently, after being abandoned. She´s very sweet and we´re treating her for Yeast infection. She´s improving, though, putting on weight. She was all bones when I got her home.

And here are my other three little ones. Two of these I actually wanted and bought!

One´s a yorkie, one´s a Maltese, one´s a poodle x pincher.

Last edited:
wow!! That's a bunch of dogs that needed a good home so that was awesome of you to give them that life

Back
Top Bottom