Do you have to take a number at your local post office?

Small towns don't have lines. We don't have enough people
to make a line with.

* I was actually at the post office this morning. Having the post
master passing out my last minute Christmas cards.
Just names--I didn't know their PO Box, didn't need their box number.
I did have to pay postage (fair is fair) but how many of you can send
a Christmas card knowing you didn't have an address on it? Just their
names.

When I used to live up in Chicagoland there was a post office I had to go to (for work) that not only had a looong line inside the building.. but you waited in a line in your car out on the street to get a parking spot.
sad.png
The clerks were absolutely miserable to deal with too. I hated that post office. (downtown Elgin)

We don't even have to take numbers at down town Seattle. You just get in line that zig zags though the inside, then out the door around the block. If you're lucky, you only have 40 people ahead of you and it's only an hour wait. You'd think it's faster to drive to the post office out of town, but that would take you an hour to go 10 miles unless you hopped on the bus. LOL.

Here's a secret that some might look into; some universities have a post office on campus that can do simple things like ship packages, lines at those are usually 1/10 of those in town.

We do have numbers at the DMV though.

Nope!

Tiny post office, THE guy who works there usually also has enough time to "pretend" to lose my cash or credit card whenever I buy stamps or send something
roll.png

Too much time on his hands

we dont even have a post office anymore
hide.gif
we have little counters in the back of the pharmacy that will take care of most of your postal needs but its not Canada Post employees working its the pharmacy staff

I get my stamps at the grocery store. Rarely go to the PO, but if I do, I use the automated postal machine. I weigh & measure the package, then print my own postage. Love it.

I think this makes me a postal employee that doesn't get paid.

Imp-don't think I've ever had a bad experience at the PO.

When we lived in a larger town the PO was always swamped. Long line snaking out. Then when you would get to the front, the teller would put up his closed sign and go to break. Now we live in a small town and there is rarely more than 1 person in line. You have to ring the bell. The PO we used to go to now has tickets.

I think the workers are surly because it's non stop. A lot of people don't know what they want and slow the line down. Then when you get to the front you are surly too. Makes for a difficult work environment.

Now the DMV. Those people just seem to be born surly. Seems like most are on power trips and take joy in telling you that your paperwork is incomplete so they can send you away after you've been waiting 45 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom