Do you host Thanksgiving?

You know with 50 turkeys here, and turkey orders coming in, I should be thinking of Thanksgiving, but I keep thinking that's many weeks ahead...... Well, I've hosted so many times.....The most meaningful Thanksgivings were when we actually prepared meals and delivered/served to those in need of a meal and then joined up with others later in the day.

Actually it's time to make some plans, isn't it!!!! Well, most of the family doesn't travel here....I think they're afraid we'll put them to work.....So, if we do the family thing, it may be the two of us after some volunteering and that will be just fine.

Wherever and whatever you do for Thanksgiving, may it be blessed and happy!

I am 30, but I've been hosting Thanksgiving since I was 26. (I was the only one with a dining room table, I still am!) I host between 8 and 12 people (depends on who shows and who brings a date or not!). I do all the cooking... though I asked my sister and mom to each bring 1 side dish. However.... knowing my sister, she will buy it premade! LOL

This year I am changing things up by doing a smoked turkey AND a roast goose!
wink.png

Quote:
I'm in with Cynthia-

We stay home, have a feast and after so many years we really do enjoy it!

I thought I would tell you the reason for the question- My family lives 3 hrs away and my dh's lives less than 5 min away. The past 3 yrs we have went to both his grandparents big to do's with most of the people we never even talk talk to. That is normal for his family. My family has always had a smaller get together with close family that you actually get along with but they are to far away. This year I'm wanting more of a close family dinner with people you like and food you like. Dh thinks hosting is something Grandparents do but I dont think so. Last year I boycotted Thanksgiving and went to Cracker Barrel- Dh and DD went to the big to do. Dh doesn't want a redo of last year.

I think it is something you and your hubby need to talk about. Do you have kids? It is important to instill tradition in children, IMHO. We host every year so far, but it won't put a burr in my butt once the kids have kids if they choose to do it at their place. We have a house, and none of them do. My mom won't even drive 20 miles to our place and she refuses to cook, so she gets left out. I have no time for temper tantrums from people over 20.

Quote:
It may be too late to change dates if the hostess alrady has the bird, etc.... You could call up and offer to host the masses, but in many families not attending with DH means every person there will ask how long your marriage has been in trouble, just sayin'....

My family is going to have Thanksgiving this year. My dad LOVES
love.gif
to cook, and my mom bakes, so we will do the cooking. There are going to be around 20 people here this year.

Back
Top Bottom