Do you know people grossed out by fresh eggs?

Our neighbors and the people that work with my dad just LOVE our eggs. They say they taste so much better than store-bought, and we agree!

Although when and if I do encounter a store-bought egg junkie, I'll be sure to let them know what kind of things goes on with those eggs that doesn't with farm fresh. Like maybe having the eggs treated with formaldehyde to prevent egg-borne diseases? You guys know how permeable egg shells are...that can't be healthy! All we have to do is keep our little flock healthy, wash the eggs well, and cook them right, and we don't need chemicals!
Plus, think of all those poor little hens crammed in cages that never get to see fresh grass or the occasional worm. I'd much rather know my eggs come from happy, healthy chickens than stressed, not-as-healthy chickens.

With all of that said, maybe I could turn a few people!
tongue.png

Quote:
This is funny! Like a lot of the kids working in the grocery store do not know the fruits and vegis. People are so conditioned to eating processed they haven't a clue where things actually come from. Every living thing comes from some kind of a butt. Thats why we have so many sick people from eating chemicals and fake food.
he.gif
but the FDA(Fast Die Assoc. HA!)says its O.K.
hide.gif
Oh the soy milk thats another joke. soy is high in female hormones so now we will have men w/ boobs.
yippiechickie.gif

The number of responses to your question is really amazing. And, you bet, some people just don't have a clue where there food comes from.

Appetite is a subjective thing. We should be sensitive to it, I suppose.

As someone surrounded by the food of my own production, I realize that others think of the food source as a supermarket. Right now, my food sources are my laying hens and my garden.

What I do is emphasize the freshness!!

I'm also unwilling to push limits by using things in my garden that decrease anyone's appetite for what I'm growing. My appetite counts, too. There is "tolerable stuff" easily available. And, there's "intolerable stuff" that I neither want to be around nor have any interest in putting with my food.

Then there's Tabasco sauce . . .

Steve
smile.png

My 38 y.o. sister won't touch our eggs! But, she has no idea where the eggs she buys in the store comes from. I know how my chickens, live, eat.... She's such a germaphobe, yet she won't eat my grls' eggs. Weird.
he.gif

When my son was 5 he decided that he would only eat free range eggs because he wanted "happy chicken eggs". Now we have our own chickens he loves collecting the eggs, and cuddling the chooks. Can't get any more happy than that!!

And my daughter comments that our chickens have such lovely fluffy butts that the eggs couldn't possibly be bad coming from there. They do have soft feathery butts.

I am totally blown away at how many stories there are of people not knowing that store bought eggs still came from a chickens butt.

Where in the heck do they think they come from? Honestly how could someone not know that?

On the subject of beef:
we only buy grass fed beef from my wife's relative by the 1/2 or 1/4 and have been doing this for about 3 yrs now.

I can't stand the taste of store bought hamburger anymore...it is just plain gross, bland...blech....Ours beef actually tastes like meat and lemme tell you it makes a huge difference.

My wife recently made a huge batch of chili for a family gathering (pig roast) and had about 50 people (no joke) ask her for the recipe and how much money we spent on steak to grind up to put in it. When my wife replied that it is just our plain old grass fed hamburger they didnt believe her. Everybody kept commenting on how you could actually taste the meat in the chili. We went home with an empty slow cooker and I didnt even get a taste of the chili because it was all gone before I got there (darn people were going up for seconds early)

I gave some to my sons girlfriend because I was over run and she said her and her dad eat them but mom wont because shes afraid they will taste different. Of course they taste different.......BETTER

My DD informed me yesterday that her MIL does not want any of our fresh eggs when our girls start laying. I told this to my DH and he said well I dont recall us telling her that we would give her some. LOL
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom