Do You Like Feather-Footed Chickens?

Feather-Footed Chickens: Yes or No?

• Total voters
Pics
People here really tend to keep their chickens very pure so there’s a lot of inbreeding.

Hmm, not sure I completely agree with this statement. Here, very few people are interested in keeping their breeds pure. They just want meat and eggs, so they breed anything to anything. The amount of unhealthy birds produced is tragic. If one breed/line has one problem, and you mix it with another breed/line that has another problem, you'll get chicks that have no problems, but you'll also get chicks that have one problem, and chicks that have both. Carefully outcrossing is beneficial, but just throwing outcrossing out there isn't really fair

Hmm, not sure I completely agree with this statement. Here, very few people are interested in keeping their breeds pure. They just want meat and eggs, so they breed anything to anything. The amount of unhealthy birds produced is tragic. If one breed/line has one problem, and you mix it with another breed/line that has another problem, you'll get chicks that have no problems, but you'll also get chicks that have one problem, and chicks that have both. Carefully outcrossing is beneficial, but just throwing outcrossing out there isn't really fair
It wasn’t my intend to make a ’statement’ haha. I’m from Belgium and in hatchery’s they just do inbreeding without really picking healthy lines.

We discovered that Maggie wasn’t an Australorp, as labeled, when she sprouted feathers on her feet 😂 Love her and her feathered feet. IMG_6642.jpeg

She is pretty! Definitely no Australorp because Australorps cannot be barred.
Yep! She looked like an Australorp for about 3 days 😆 Then we thought our other black chick was the Australorp until a few days ago. Didn’t know they didn’t have muffs and pea combs 🤪 So, what were supposed to be Black Australorp and Chocolate Orpington are both EE/OE, so we have 6 of those!! All lovely girls and a nice variety of eggs IMG_6783.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom