Do you like just to sit and watch your flock be chickens?

Quote:
Ha ha....
clap.gif

NOw I have a coop and run I am proud of, I pull up a bale and watch. It's so peaceful and sometimes the neighbours are out with their chickens (our runs run alongside each others) and we talk chicken !

Everyday after work lately, I just HAVE to get outside to unwind. My 20 year old step daughter moved back home and she just had a baby on the 4th. I'm of course, glad to help her out, but I'm having a hard time adjusting, truthfully. I just feel like I'm suffocating. So I do go outside and breathe the fresh air, feed and water my flock and just hang out with them. They seem to enjoy it as much as I do!

It's definitely chicken (and turkey) therapy! Works wonders!

Yup, I do the same and I bought a small patio chair set, two chairs and a small table to sit on out there. Be warned they will lounge around and use your chair and table when your not and that means poop on them. Mine are that black metal mesh type that I can just hose off or when it rains it does it for me.

I usually sit in the run with mine about once a day. They are just so peaceful to watch. Love the little sounds they make. My little chicken will tilt her head and look me right in the eye and it just makes me laugh.

Im a civil/Structural designer having to commute to work each day cept weekends. I need my chicken tv to destress.

I even bring in my plastic chair into the run to have a surround sound 3d chick flick
big_smile.png

No high stress job here but I actually spend a lot of time throughout the day with my birds and my horse. I have 7 that are free ranging and they come swing on the porch swing with me, get goodies and run around all over and it always brings a smile to my face. Their antics can be comical at times too but I enjoy their simplicity, curiosity and interaction. This is my roo, Lancelot, who came over to the swing to spend time with me without his girls following a weekend of my being out of town.

7630_imag0980.jpg

Back
Top Bottom