Do you name your chickens?

• Yes

Votes: 173 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Only my favorites

Votes: 28 13.1%

• Total voters
I always name my chickens! I have 14 Blossom, Jessie, lily, Marigold, hope, Daffy, Amelia, Royal, Almanzo, Leia, tilda, Belle, Evelyn and Josephine I was wondering if other people name their chickens?
Ruby.Ashes.Copper. Are new babies Baby LeeLee. LilRed and Vinnaey are our chickens that are getting older ! We just adore all of them. LeeLee wants me to carry her around !! They find their way in to sit under my kitchen table.

Am I the only one who has roosters named Susie, Honey, etc and hens named Tim, Steve, etc?

We chose to leave the names as is for those "gender suprise" little gifts 🎁 😂
Well, we have a hen named Sir Peeps a Lot. I told my kids all the hens were female, but it didn't quite compute. Technically, she's been renamed Ms. Peeps a Lot, but that doesn't have quite the same ring to it, so Sir gets trotted out a fair bit.

The one rooster was Speckle (gender neutral) but half the time it's pronounced "peckle" or "pickle". "S" was hard to say for small tongues.

You bet!! I had a red frizzle named Lucy. I've a pr of Mel Leflores Romeo and Juliette. Pr of peafowl Rett and Scarlett. Another pr Anthony and Cleopatra!! Black and white frizzle named of course Miss Frizzle!! Named a polish rooster this week Bob, after What About Bob!! That rooster is crazzy!! It's so much fun. Oh one more, pr of turkens George and Gracie!!
Welcome to BYC. Glad you joined the party.

We name a few. Mostly pets or long term breeders. The pets that roam the farm are Buster the Black Sex Link Rooster with his girls Charlotte, Lucy, and Ethel. Then my pet laptop pullet the scissor beak that I call Scissors that has a home as long as I live. Scissors is a Delaware. Then there is Snowflake who is another Delaware. Then there is one Delaware Rooster I call Jimmy Lee. The other 7 have no names other than pot luck. When among the RIR hens there are a lot of hens name Red. By next summer there should be around 400 adult chickens and I'd never be able to name them all so Favorites, Special Needs, and some that are just weird get names.

I name EVERYTHING, including the spider that lives in my bathroom light socket. It’s a thing I do…

My mature hens are: Maleficent, Wren McCormack, Tooty Bell, Morticia, Velma, Siggy, Chicory, Willow, Specs, & Ash. Their roo is Charcoal. My 7 week olds are (guess the theme): Killian, Flip Cup, Grey Goose, Foster, Brandy Alexander, Amber, Maraschino, Shirley Temple, & Grenadine.

I’ve named two of my one-week-old pullets: Molé and Peanut Butter. Just need 9 more names! Lol…

Back
Top Bottom