Do you name your guineas

Originally I had 6 keets, 2 royal purple, 1 lav, 3 grays. I used the different colored leg rings to identify them once the grandson finished naming everyone. The rings are long gone now. I' d find them snapped apart in the yard. But by then I was able to tell them apart by a combination of sound, appearance, & personality. Now I recognize "voices" w/o even looking. Nugget sounds like a duck quacking, PJ has a deeper tone, etc. One of my female keets sounds like she has a horrible head cold. Lol
Wow Sydney, you are awesome! I can’t distinguish my guineas by voice at all. I can just barely tell the roosters apart by their crow...

We started out with 14 guineas, but are down to 6 because of foxes, hawks, and owls.
Males
1. Mr. P
2. Dubs
Females
1. Pearl
2. Tipper
3. Babs
4. Ugly Betty
Something got ahold of Betty one night, probably a Barred Owl. She got away somehow, but she is missing some feathers under her butt and some where her neck meets her back. She actually got grabbed again, probably by a hawk, because she disappeared one afternoon and didn't roost in the guinea tree (a cedar where they all roosted) that night. Then, miraculously, she showed up again the next morning, but has a few puncture wounds in the same place on her back where she was already missing feathers.
I feel sorry for her because since the first attack, the others kinda shun her and chase her away, especially when we feed them.
They are all now living in a big coop with a protected side yard and a 50' x 50' grass run covered with netting.

yes,waited for 8 weeks.Lucy,Ricky,Fred,Ethel.second set.many,mo,and Jack.Jack went through a hawk grab.gone for three days he walked home,beat up but still going.how do they know there way.Manny used to hang and swing from my big paints tail.very funny.he was a real sh#$.but very loved had him through a move.8yrs.others didn’t make it.the new ones are good so far.

We have a nice we think female named Dang it. She came from a not so could hatch. But my wife has made a very could friend from her. She even has a Youtube show called Dang it's Adventures. She is 6 weeks old.

Attachments

• 20210401_160442.jpg
    20210401_160442.jpg
    646.3 KB · Views: 2
White guinea - Snowy? 2. Starlight. 3. Male - II Premiere ii, Miss It Er, Miss Lovely, Miss Wooly, Lana (italian for wool), Miss Feathery, 9. Sequin 10. Shiny 11. Unnamed. White guineas. And Jennifer and Cutie are grey guineas. Brown as babies. They change feathers. . Naturally. What process is this called... Not exactly molting is it? Pictures in 4 days from now. Sorry. They don't live with me right now. I'm not living with the flock.
I would if I could tell them apart! I have 14, all the French Guinea, pearl color I think? The only one I've named is one that has an injured leg and limps, hence the name Gimpy.

Back
Top Bottom