Do you "noodle" ...I do!

When we were little my Grampa who grew up in Missouri would tell stories about he and his buddies swimming in the big rivers and seeing catfish that could swallow a man whole. And he wasn't kidding.

I showed these to my 16 yr old DD and she wasn't that impressed with the "noodling" but she did think these boys were cute.
barnie.gif
Dumb, but cute.

So how do they find the hole that they stick their arms in in all that dark murky water?

Teach97... thank you for making me laugh!
tongue.png

Envirgirl12.. thanks.. I thought it was cute, too!
big_smile.png

I didn't mean to provoke so much ill manner from folks ..calling names and so on... broaden your minds, folks ..really... it doesn't hurt!
hmm.png

I saw a PBS special on noodling for catfish. Those people were scary crazy. Anyone using a hand for bait with fish that big is plum nuts....but I would have tried it as a kid if there were such things around where I grew up.

I've tickled trout.

Quote:
I grew up in South Texas and we had those things...just another way to put that whole survival of the fittest to the test!
wink.png
Makes you wonder how you should take that huh? Heck felt alot safer doing that than having dead fish attached to me wade fishing...nothing is more irritating than finding half a red fish on your stringer
he.gif

Quote:
Thank you, Jordan.. I thought so, too!
wink.png

When I found the adult one last year ..thought it was a monstrous earthworm.. haha... I wondered where it was damp enough for them to lay eggs and be happy. Now I know ..the drain pipe!
tongue.png

hey who says TV is not educational?..

If it was not for Mike Rowe and the TV show dirty jobs i would not have a clue what noodling was...lol

Back
Top Bottom