Do You Own A Gun ?

this is just today

what would you do in this situation ?

0.jpg

A goodly part of "crime control" would be getting your butt shot off in the commision of a felony, an occupational hazard again.

Way back in 83, in a place called Tampa, Fl, a wack job named Bill Ferry , walked into a Winn Dixie grocery store and tossed a bucket of gas on people standing in a checkout line, then a lit book of matches. Killed 5, maimed 13. Last I heard, he still lives in prison, doing 5 life sentences. No screams for gas control or match control. The biggest tragedy about incidences like Orlando, is the fact that out of 300 people, none were armed or prepared to fight back. Remain armed, prepared, and alive.

Just dropping in and saying one thing. NRA says research shows the majority of public gun murders are stopped from a good guy with a gun. Shoot the crazy SOB in the head, game over. Of course the govt doesnt like these statistics released. What about countries that supposedly have no guns? Where random killings increase, no one to fight back?

Sorry, gotta go
Lisa

California's New gun laws

i guess the confiscation process is finally here

"bullet button" ?
roll.png
gig.gif

they releasing laws and they have no clue what it is that they are banning ?

i'm guessing to them these are bullets?

or maybe these ?

0.jpg

Got this the other day as part of an email.

Just A Shotgun is a short read, well worth the time, with a powerful message.
You’ve probably seen this before, but you need to remember.

You're sound asleep when you hear a thump outside your bedroom door.
Half-awake, and nearly paralyzed with fear, you hear muffled whispers.

At least two people have broken into your house and are moving your way.
With your heart pumping, you reach down beside your bed and pick up your shotgun.
You rack a shell into the chamber, then inch toward the door and open it.

In the darkness, you make out two shadows. One holds something that looks like a crowbar.
When the intruder brandishes it as if to strike, you raise the shotgun and fire.

The blast knocks both thugs to the floor. One writhes and screams while the second man
crawls to the front door and lurches outside.

As you pick up the telephone to call police, you know you're in trouble. In your country,
most guns were outlawed years before, and the few that are privately owned are so
stringently regulated as to make them useless.

Yours was never registered.

Police arrive and inform you that the second burglar has died. They arrest you for First
Degree Murder and Illegal Possession of a Firearm.

When you talk to your attorney, he tells you not to worry: authorities will probably plea the
case down to manslaughter. "What kind of sentence will I get?" you ask.
"Only ten-to-twelve years," he replies, as if that's nothing.
"Behave yourself, and you'll be out in seven."

The next day, the shooting is the lead story in the local newspaper. Somehow, you're portrayed as
an eccentric vigilante while the two men you shot are represented as choirboys. Their friends
and relatives can't find an unkind word to say about them.

Buried deep down in the article, authorities acknowledge that both "victims" have been arrested
numerous times. But the next day's headline says it all: "Lovable Rogue Son Didn't Deserve to Die."
The thieves have been transformed from career criminals into Robin Hood-type pranksters.

As the days wear on, the story takes wings. The national media picks it up, then the international media.
The surviving burglar has become a folk hero.

Your attorney says the thief is preparing to sue you, and he'll probably win.

The media publishes reports that your home has been burglarized several times in the past and
That you've been critical of local police for their lack of effort in apprehending the suspects.
After the last break-in, you told your neighbor that you would be prepared next time.

The District Attorney uses this to allege that you were lying in wait for the burglars.
A few months later, you go to trial.

The charges haven't been reduced, as your lawyer had so confidently predicted.
When you take the stand, your anger at the injustice of it all works against you.
Prosecutors paint a picture of you as a mean, vengeful man. It doesn't take long
for the jury to convict you of all charges. The judge sentences you to life in prison.

THIS CASE REALLY HAPPENED!

On August 22, 1999, Tony Martin of Emneth, Norfolk , England , killed one burglar and
wounded a second. In April, 2000, he was convicted and is now serving a life term.

This is very sad and important to remember. I would not want this to happen to me, as we possess several firearms, including a shotgun for defense against home invasion. I live next to a trashy trailer court, and several years ago, a tenant was shot in the face by her boyfriend. That was right next to our house. He was a drunk ex military guy out for catching malaria. He never saw combat, and he never worked a real job. Some of the tenants are convicted sexual predators. Some are just poor folks trying to have a normal life. We had a drunk drive through our fences in 4 places one year, 2 at the top, then he stole the neighbors car, then drove back through the fence at the bottom of the property. When you live in an area where there are real drug problems, you arm yourself.

No, I don't own a gun. I grew up in a very conservative home. My mother wouldn't even let us play with toy guns and we often got in trouble for playing cowboys and Indians using our fingers as guns. We took the addage of treating every gun as a loaded gun one step further. We treated every gun (even rubber band guns) as a real gun that was loaded.

I understand that there are many gun cultures in the USA. I have family and friends that hunt, that are in law enforcement, that are in the military, that shoot for hobby, etc. and about 10% of my local community works at the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant (which as you can imagine is heavy on the gun culture). Owning guns is not my thing but I am not ignorant to guns. I earned my rifle shooting merit badge at scout camp when I was 12 years old two years later took 3rd place in a camp wide marksman's contest beating out hundreds of my peer who had been shooting since they would 4 years old and hunting since the earliest age that they could get a licence. As a not gunner owner the things that I get about the gun culture is the fun of shooting up target where they be clay pigeons, a bulls eye, a trophy hunt, etc. I know a lady that was attached buy a feral hog and had she not had her gun she may not have come out of them as well as she did (only about 80 stiches) and was walking the next day. I also know people that shoot rattle snake, predators that are eating their chickens, varmites that are a nuisance, etc. so I understand the need of a gun for protection or self and property. What I don't understand are why someone who already has 58 guns would want a new gun for their collection or why in there collection when you only can shoot one at a time or why someone would rush out and spend $1,500 on a new gun but won't pay $60 for their kids to take part in an extra curricular activity.

Last edited:
Some people like collecting things. Guns are just another thing. In Montana, there are more guns in the state than people. And yes, growing up around them, we never ever played with them or treated them like they weren't loaded. Most times, they were just there. Just sitting behind the door. On the gun rack behind the truck seat. In the trunk from the target range. Yes, they are dangerous, and you should respect that. But ultimately, they are tools. Stuff. And people will always collect stuff.

So I understand I am way behind in this thread but I want to brim it back to the video that started it. I will start with the reason it would be wrong to need a liscense for a gun is it is a right. How would you feel if you had to get a lisence to go to church? To be honest I don't want a felon running around on the streets with a firearm but no right should be taken away. If you lie you should not lose your freedom of speech. Then we arrive to the terrorist watch list. This list is full of people that are under FBI suspicion of being a terrorist, but they are not convicted. They have not commited a crime. It would be wrong to have an innocent person denied access to a right that was promised to them as a citizen of the United States. May I also point out that Obama has supported the ban of AR-15, a rifle that is just as dangerous as a pistol either that a higher caliber, which a pistol can be concealed. He has also attempted to ban green tipped AR-15 rounds due to there ability to "peirce" armour. Trust me there are better calibers out there if you want to do that. My point is that these are infringements of the second amendment. I hope I opened some eyes and sorry about grammer and spelling.

Back
Top Bottom