Do you remove your shoes when you enter a house? Why or why not?

Do you remove your shoes when you enter a house?

• Yes.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends.

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters
O.K. I'll bite. I take off my shoes when I go into someone else's home.
I usually take off my shoes at my home unless my arms or bladder are full. Then it's a quick shuffle on the rough corn mat and in I go.
I never ever wear my gumboots in the house because they are my farm/coop/mud wear.
My guests are allowed to decide for themselves if they take 'em off.
We have some very old stained carpet in the living-room ( replacement flooring is stacked,waiting in spare room)
EGAD ... white ceramic tile in kitchen and dining area. (Shows dirt really well)
We have two small, four legged mud magnets and lots of boisterous canine visitors.
They race around the yard (mud pit) and in and out the doggy door.
I could spend my life defending my domain against germs and dirt ...or ...
just not worry about it. Regular floor washing and vacuuming and then, just don't look down.
Life is too short for me to sweat the small stuff.

If my shoes make it on to my feet, they will stay there till the day is done. Usually means it was cold outside or I left my property otherwise no shoes. I have had a few friend ask me to remove my shoes to go in there homes. Very rare an I never went back to those homes.

You step on someone elses hypodermic needle once an you would not take your shoes off on other peoples property ether.

At other people's homes, yes, I kick my shoes off at the door. Then I usually hear, "you didn't have to do that!". But I think it is a gesture of respect for the homeowner. At home, I usually wear my shoes indoors unless they are wet/muddy. I have plantar fascitis, and walking barefoot on our tile (most of the house) aggravates it.

Life is too short for me to sweat the small stuff.
Kind of off topic, but I've found that I'm much happier if I pick one or two small things to concern myself with and let the rest take care of itself. Sometimes if I start to feel down, instead of listing the things I'm grateful for, I list the top three things I'm worried about. Then I think "That's it?" and feel better. I guess this means that I'm either very lucky or very shallow, but either way it cheers me up!

Mine really depends on which shoes i have on. I live in a: boots or b: crocs. Occasionally I wear my sparkly flipflops lol. I rarely wear my crocs past the back door because they are usually what I wore in the barn. My work boots come off at the door, because I work at a zoo. My town boots usually stay on cause I'm up and down if I have them on lol. I've got a 7 month old son so I'm learning about vacuuming rather its needed or not lol.

It depends for me too. My farm shoes and snow shoes stay in the mudroom, but all other shoes come off in my bedroom. The exception are my Uggs. I will wear them to go places, but if I have other shoes on those other shoes come off and my Uggs come on in the house. I don't feel right without shoes on, unless I'm sitting on a couch, then they come off and I tuck my legs up. If I'm going to someone's house for a visit and they take their shoes off, so do I. However, parties are a shoe-on event, no matter where I go. No one in my family or extended family bother to take shoes off at parties. However, as the night progresses most of us change into pajamas or sweats and the Uggs come out again (I have a very close extended family).

Spook can't stand to be barefoot.

If I take my shoes off, I've got another pair right handy.

If I get up in the night....I get dressed, put my shoes on.
Might go tight back to bed...but I'm dressed.

I always have something on my feet..
I will wear my runners inside the house, "their my town/work shoes"
Never barn boots..
As soon As I get in, I put on slippers or crocks on.

i really hate, when people where shoes inside my house without being told first

It's the custom here to remove shoes when entering a house or certain small shops. I change to indoor shoes at home but reject any argument for walking bare foot on our marble and wooden floors. I don't like the custom at all because you don't know what others have on their feet that can be passed on . Nevertheless, I respect the custom away from my home.

Back
Top Bottom