Do you think chickens get lonely??

Dylon

Songster
7 Years
Jan 5, 2013
Brewton, AL
Let's say its one Cochin in a pen full of polish. Do you think they know they are different? Do they get lonesome for others like them ?

Yes.

The different breeds sound different to me- like a different language..the little noises they make. I believe they get along better when they speak the same language.

However, usually they find a flockmate that they can be friends with - especially if they grew up together.

Last edited:
I do think she is lonely. Not only is she a cochin, she is bantam too, so she is surrounded but these strange giants with too many feathers on their head.

I do think she is lonely. Not only is she a cochin, she is bantam too, so she is surrounded but these strange giants with too many feathers on their head.
+1

I would look into getting her a couple friends of "likeness".
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

I have noticed that my two Brahmas hang out together. My two New Hampshires hang out together. They do seem to gravitate towards their similar breed chickens. Not that they don't all get along fine but seem to like their own.

i have 1 sussex and she hangs out by her self all day but at night she gets right up with the rest of the girls. but i also have two bantams its weird one of the hangs out with the leghorns all day and even purches at the highest point of the coop with them at night. but the other one is always by her self and i know she can purch with the other 1 ive seen her get up there befor.

Yes

I have two BR's two EE's and two Silkies and I will find when free ranging in the yard the two EE's are together the two Silkies will be together and the two BR's will be together. Not the whole time and they mix together but they always go looking for the other of their breed. I found that to be extremely fascinating as a first time flock owner.

Back
Top Bottom