Do you think this would work?/ more of my late night questions!

Pics
I might go with bantam mixes, just because of the size, and the fact that the are more reliable when it comes to broodyness
I have also seen them adapt very very well to total free ranging
As for hatching eggs, which breeds would you say I should try?
Okay, sounds good.

What's available in hatching eggs in your area?

Okay, sounds good.

What's available in hatching eggs in your area?

As for hatching eggs, these breeds are available this season
1. Fayoumi
2. Jersey Giants
3. Brahma
4. Silkie
5. Serama
6. Araucana
7. Ayam cemani
8. Hamburg
9. Sussex
10. Black copper marans
11. Australorp
12. Plymouth Rocks
13. Bresse Gauloise

As for hatching eggs, these breeds are available this season
1. Fayoumi
2. Jersey Giants
3. Brahma
4. Silkie
5. Serama
6. Araucana
7. Ayam cemani
8. Hamburg
9. Sussex
10. Black copper marans
11. Australorp
12. Plymouth Rocks
13. Bresse Gauloise
If Silkie eggs are available, then go for it? Maybe your only chance.

If Silkie eggs are available, then go for it? Maybe your only chance.

Oh yes, absolutely, I'm definitely getting the silkie eggs! I was just wondering what else would I want to add, since it seems this is my only option for expanding my flock with birds that are not ISA browns. I will say though, it remains to be seen if the seller will ship to every part of Greece. Supposedly so did the other seller, but we were talking about live birds, so OK it's fair they wouldn't

Oh yes, absolutely, I'm definitely getting the silkie eggs! I was just wondering what else would I want to add, since it seems this is my only option for expanding my flock with birds that are not ISA browns. I will say though, it remains to be seen if the seller will ship to every part of Greece. Supposedly so did the other seller, but we were talking about live birds, so OK it's fair they wouldn't
Eggs are more of a risk to ship, then live birds. But it may work for you.

Eggs are more of a risk to ship, then live birds. But it may work for you.

I really hope it does because as I said, it might be my only chance to introduce some new breeds into my flock. For these other breeds, my goal is to make a really good free ranging chicken, so I'm thinking Fayoumis might be a good addition

I really hope it does because as I said, it might be my only chance to introduce some new breeds into my flock. For these other breeds, my goal is to make a really good free ranging chicken, so I'm thinking Fayoumis might be a good addition
I hope it works out for you.

Fayoumis were made to free range, also more Disease resistant then most other breeds. They maybe a good addition too.

I haven't read the entire topic, so I apologize if someone has already written it. If I understood correctly, it is difficult for you to find the European standard for breeds?No problem, write which breed you are interested in and I will write you everything in detail
(in fact, copy-paste will make from my EE standards book).
I read that you would like to know what bantam breed lays chicks without human assistance? Sebright comes to mind! :thumbsup

I haven't read the entire topic, so I apologize if someone has already written it. If I understood correctly, it is difficult for you to find the European standard for breeds?No problem, write which breed you are interested in and I will write you everything in detail
(in fact, copy-paste will make from my EE standards book).
I read that you would like to know what bantam breed lays chicks without human assistance? Sebright comes to mind! :thumbsup

Omg thank you so much for this! Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any purebred bantams, so my plans were canceled, but if I'm lucky and I can get eggs shipped to me, I will breed silkies next year, so I would love to know their standard. It's really interesting that you mention Sebrights, I've always read that they are an exception in the bantam world as they don't usually go broody

I hope it works out for you.

Fayoumis were made to free range, also more Disease resistant then most other breeds. They maybe a good addition too.

Thank you so so much for helping me with all of this. I will update again when/if I get the bantams. Orrrrrrrrr, if I manage to find that aseel hen;)
Seriously though, fingers crossed plan, what, E at this point works out:fl
Hope you have a great hatching season as well!

Back
Top Bottom