Do your chickens have "paws"?

Quote:
Your brother was pretty brave for a kid......it made my jaw ache just reading about it! Unless I was desperate.....I don't think I could eat the feet...or paws, when I look at my chicken's feet and see what they are scratching up.....and what poops they're stepping in...eh, no. BUT if it is simmered in a good chicken stock - just for flavour that is...I can kinda see that. But I couldn't eat the tootsies of a bird.

Quote:
Oh goodness gracious, what an awful memory. You just had to bring it up. To this day I feel like gagging when I remember that weekly dinner.

Okay, I'll mention it here and then deny I ever said it. Whenever I see cow tongue in the store, I have this overwhelming urge to touch it. It looks kinda rough, like a cat's tongue. I just wanna touch it to be sure.
hide.gif

ME TOO!!!!! Feels really weird. Wonder if when its cooked that it still has all the little taste buds on it.
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
Okay, I'll mention it here and then deny I ever said it. Whenever I see cow tongue in the store, I have this overwhelming urge to touch it. It looks kinda rough, like a cat's tongue. I just wanna touch it to be sure.
hide.gif

ME TOO!!!!! Feels really weird. Wonder if when its cooked that it still has all the little taste buds on it.
sickbyc.gif

Yes, the taste buds are still there! I was fine eating the tongue until I rolled it over and saw taste buds. After that, I was done!

As for the feet, they have a layer of "skin/scales" that slips off after being scalded, so they're not THAT dirty, haha.

I'm not a zombie. A friend on Facebook asked me about chicken paws, I did a google search, and it brought me to this site. I didn't know it was out of date.

Back
Top Bottom