Doc told me to take it easy: Prob. Lymphangitis, WhiteBloodCell Check

Thank you so much everybody. I'm tryin'.

Congrats, babymakes5! Baby chickies are so much fun.
smile.png
Any pips yet?

HennysMom, oh my gosh. I really really hope that's not what I have, but I am so tired and "blah" feeling. Ugh. I did manage to get my little quail moved out to their hutch today. Monarc is shipping me some new quailies today too. What a week to be ill. I still need to go down to Tractor and Supply and get some more feed. I guess I'll be letting the big boys at the store load my car up for once. Don't think carrying around 50lb feed bags will be all that wonderful for me right now. I've been drinking tons of water and eating a lot more than usual. Don't know what for! I'm trying to slow that down. If it is mono, I really don't know where I got it from. The kids haven't really shown any signs, and my DH has never had it.
hu.gif
Maybe the kids brought it home from school and it just isn't effecting at all. The doc did say it hits us grown-ups way worse than kids. I hope you are starting to feel better soon too!

patyrdz, thank you. Staying in bed is so hard for me! I just spent 2 hours laying there watching Law and Order and had to get up, grab a shower and try and do something around the house. My neck is throbbing though.
hmm.png

TaLani, thanks.
smile.png
I agree. I run off to the doctor whenever I see a strange lump, just to be safe. I know I'm a prime candidate for skin cancer in my later years. I burnt the top of my nose severely twice when I was a teenager, and the top of my ears when I went for a ride on the ocean and forgot to put sunscreen on them.
he.gif

citalk2much, thanks so much. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. If I don't post for a while you all can figure that the sleepies got the best of me and I am actually zonked out in bed.

CATRAY44, thank you!

I guess since I can't be physically active, this is a good time to work on my script.
caf.gif

Last edited:
Thanks there, Gretchen.
smile.png

I called the office today and they went over the tests. It says no Mono. However, since I went in for the initial exam I have had a very stiff neck, a mild fever (99.5-100, I could be a personal incubator right now), my left side has been sore and the lump is swelling up larger. I go between feeling like I can get up and do things to "I need to go lay down right now".
hu.gif
The only thing they came up with at the office was Lymphangitis... which according to Google results is a really scary nasty looking disease that if untreated I can die from. Mine doesn't look as nasty as any of the pictures I have seen, and they didn't prescribe me any antibiotics, just said to take Tylenol or Motrin for the pain. So I am unconvinced that is the problem. The nurse I spoke with on the phone didn't seem concerned in the least (and didn't seem to care either). Oh well.
idunno.gif
I guess I will just ride it out and see.

Last edited:
any infection of the nose, throat ears can cause a super swelled lymph node. especially the node closest to the infection.

i sure hope you find the answer quick and Lord touch her and bring the answer soon!
hugs.gif

I agree, and have been reading up on that, miss_jayne. The odd thing is that in all of my years of getting ill and having swollen lymphnodes, I've never ever had one that I could see with my eyes.I'd say it's about the size of a hazelnut now. Thanks for your post.
hugs.gif

greenfamilyfarms, I doubt it is swine flu. I've not got any nausea and any time I've had flu of any sort I've been hovering near a toilet or bucket. The symptoms fit with Mono, but obviously its not based on that test result. I'll be sifting a little more.

Awww Cass, I am so sorry your not doing well
hugs.gif
I just saw this post today and wanted to send well wishes. You will be in our prayers for a diagnosis and speedy recovery.

By the wat, I still haven't heard from the theater
idunno.gif

pips&peeps :

Get tested for Epstein-Barr.

Yes, the Lady that works for me was just told she has Epstein -Barr...symptoms sound just like yours except she did not have a lump... get the test.​

Back
Top Bottom