Doctors say No hamsters or chicks or exotic pets for young kids

Glad I didn't have those doctors when I was a kid. My playmates were toads, snakes, frogs, horses, dogs, cats, wild birds, earth worms, mud pies, grasshoppers and what ever else I could catch.

lol.png

I know, i too was an animal kid,,lots of snakes, pigeons, chickens, rabbits as a kid..dont ever recall getting ill from them either...

However I know lil kids if they wash there hands there fine with them all...which i would suggest anybody have them do after handling critters... real littles one's do put there hands in the mouths to often.

Ive been to some auction and seen some folks there letting the toddlers run lose with no shoes on and that really bothered me seeing that, they also where on there hands and knee's carwling around that dirty floor there. that is somthing i would have never allowed my children to do at a place like that where people and animals come and go..

But i quess each to there own...

O i see i double posted..if the mods want to remove this by all means feel free.

Thanks
Charlie

Last edited:
Doctors also want you to inject your children with known neurotoxins!!! They are trained to prevent and not in treating each and every INDIVIDUAL situation as unique. There have been no cases of polio in the US since like 1970 yet my Doc says he should get the shot. That is because she was trained by people who are trained to say that everyone needs a polio shot. Who wants to sell their polio vaccinees for billions of dollars. Merck!! They are also trained to believe that medicine overrides...ALWAYS. I take my son to a doctor when he is sick (which was only a few sniffles last year) and I'll trust my judgement and my moms and her moms and her moms and her moms for the rest. He has never gotten antibiotics and won't unless he NEEDS it.

They also believe we need to sanitize our entire life. I only use steam to clean. There are NO harsh chemicals in my home and we are clean and happy. As long as we are not mass producing chicks in filthy overpopulated, desease-infested distgusting money producing factories and they are from our BACKYARD FLOCK who is healthy and happy the you are fine. AGAIN, think outside the box!!!! The same goes for any other pet. Puppy mills and factories is not a smart way to gain a pet but the kid down the street who has two hamsters who had babies and wants to give them away is probably not going to infect your household
barnie.gif

I couldnt agree more with you.. However i like bleech for disinfecting just my choice...but i think its the smell of it i really like LOL
gig.gif
.. Other than that, we use oxine to..esp on are incubators..

Charlie

I am proud to say that I was biologically challenged enough as a child to make most people cringe. My kids grew up a lot differently than I did, but we still had (and have) pets of all kinds. My kids never got sick from our animals. The super-clean germophobia mentality most people have to today, IMO, is the reason a lot of people (but not all) aren't resistent to common ailments and have allergies problems. I have issues with allergies now, but I firmly believe those were brought on by living in a chemically polluted city for 15 years.
hmm.png

I always felt so bad for my cousin in Houston growning up. She is 5 years younger than me, and an only child of two "upper-crust" paranoid parents. She couldn't touch a dog or cat or bird, etc. because she was "deathly" allergic to them. She couldn't walk outside without her inhaler, or nebulizer, etc. When she came to visit me during the summer she would ride with me, she loved my horses, she would play with my dogs and cats and as long as she didn't tell her parents it was ok.
We didn't make the decision to just toss a cat at her or something, but she told us her neighbors in Houston had animals and she played with the cats when they crossed the fence.
Her parents had doctors of the school of anti-animal. She sneezed? Get rid of the cat she's allergic. She coughed? Get rid of the dog she's allergic. Her eyes watered? Take out the grass she's allergic. Oh none of that worked? Sorry about the loss of your dog and cat and lawn, let's try something else.

roll.png
Heck, pretty soon kids won't be able to breathe the air because of Dr's say so. That's crazy. I grew up catching all sorts of nasty wild critters and I was a healthy kid.
I do have hand sanitizer zip tied to the run's door for the kids, but birds are way dirtier than other animals I've owned. Including pigs.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom