Does any one use ivermectin in chickens ?

thanks for the reply. i guess I will try safeguard or valbazen then. first time dealing with worms and have only seen 1 about 2-3' long from my silkie.

Hi I have a mite problem as well. I used the Ivermectin and the mites are now gone from the body. A few remain on the crest which I'm dusting carefully. My birds are silkies so they have a large crest. I read to do two treatments exactly 11 days apart so that's what I'm doing. This is my first go around with mites so I did a little research. There are so many different conflicting ways to use the Ivermectin. It is confusing.i read to use one part Ivermectin to two parts water mix and apply with a small paint brush. It's worked wonderfully for me so far as their bodies were covered in mites before now the body is mite free. The only issue I have left is the crest. Tomorrow I'm due for their second and last treatment.their is so many different methods it's kind of overwhelming. This worked well for me and achieved a good result so far. I've almost rid them of those nasty mites. For the crest I use a small art paint brush to apply the dust as well. This keeps them from breathing in the dust and allows me to treat the crest nicely.i wish you the best and hope you get rid of the bugs soon.

so far have put wazine in h20 2 days. still only see worms in 1 of my 6 girls droppings but am treating them all this way. everyone seems just as happy and healthy as always and are drinking the mixture. so, hoping for the best!

went to get the safeguard and chicken owner and cashier at tractor supply said try the wazine. hoping she is right!

Well she's not totally wrong BUT, Wazine will only get rid of round worms. So if your chickens have anything else at all you have basically wasted your money and there are many other worms they can and do get. Safeguard or Valbazen are broad spectrum and very effective.

Back
Top Bottom