Does anybody know what this is?

Burton Wyandotte 601

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
Georgia
Hey I have 2 sick chicks, and I have no idea what is wrong with them or if its contagious? They get fresh water and food daily, along with greens. And their pen is very ventelated, so they have plenty of fresh air. And its been raining most of the week with a tem around 70-75, so its not dust. If anybody has any idea I will very, very much appreciate it. Thanks.
23642_p1080321.jpg

23642_p1080318.jpg

This is the two of them. Sorry if the pictures are'nt to good.

Last edited:
I think it might help if you could list their symptoms-there are some really smart people on here that can help you out if they have good information-can't tell a whole lot from the picture.

Good luck with your birds.
fl.gif

I had a chicken do that with their head and they were cold. Not sure if that helps, but I would try and warm it up a bit for them

Sorry about that, The barred rock just stands there like this, and the mix moves around a little bit more. But their symptoms are almost the same. They just stand there while everybody else is moving about.

Last edited:
Quote:
I was wondering that as well. Looks like they are just kinda standing around with their feathers fluffed out.

How old are they?

my first guess is cocci, any blood in their poop? try adding some powdered milk to their feed and yogurt pro-biotic mash: starter feed, yougurt (the real kind) some shredded apple, and butter milk. Mix all together and feed. See if that helps.

My chicks got cocci around the same age. No symptoms other than puffed up like that and not moving. Some had blood in their poop but I had two die that didn't. If you see any blood it's most likely cocci. You can treat it with sulmet or corid(?) ... do a search on here for cocci and you'll get tons of info

Back
Top Bottom