Does anyone else get annoyed by this?

Quote:
I'm like you - I know a lot about cars, motorcycles and engines. I have had ONE new car in my life and for years rode Harley's. I have all the tools and cars dont stay running around me unless Ive had a hand in making it so. I keep my vehicles in repair and functional and there you go. I do it when it needs it and after that, I got other things to do.
Hemi's, vs., Turbos, vs. Blowers? Phooey!

Same with sports... Ive run track, played soccer, volleyball and softball competitively and I ride road bicycles to this day.
But I could care less for all the cussing, discussing and bragging about teams, their antics or their outcomes. Fantasy Football = boring.

Last edited:
Yes it does annoy me that people underestimate our intelligence about things just because we are female. When my husband met me I was working in the garage with my dad and we were rebuilding the engine in my 87 dodge charger (Shelby). Oh how I loved that car. I was up to my elbows in grease and dirt and then had to run in to get parts. My (now hubby) went with me and was impressed that I was dirtier than him and didn't want to go change or anything.

I now have a degree in electronic engineering. Same thing in school, none of the guys would talk to me until they saw my test scores were higher or I was the only one who could answer the question that my professor asked. I was the only girl in all of my classes but 2 for that degree. After 3 quarters or so they were fighting over who was going to be my lab partner.

My hubby loves that I can turn a wrench if needed, plumb, wire electric, woodworking (my dad was a jack of all trades and I was an only child and daddy's girl). I also go fishing with my hubby.

I think all us girls that don't fit the standard mold for girlish get that.

I got alot of flack for being a woman deer hunter - been doing that for 31 years!

I have been a MOPAR girl for ever... my first car was a 67 dodge dart, 3 on the tree! ...but my favorite was my 71 super bee charger! I love to drive, drive fast and take curves like they're my last!!!

I also worked in construction for 12 years and still do alot on the side. I've done alot of masory work, setting stones etc... Not many liscensed contractors are women! I used to have guys not want me on their roof incase I'd fall.... please, I move faster on rafters than a dang monkey! 3 story barn roofs, no problem!

I studied Metalsmithing/black smithing in college!

I ride a Harley!

I love to shoot!

I've always loved a challenge!

now where's my DH with the ravioli I'm hungry!!

Last edited:
Quote:
you're my soul sister!
hugs.gif

Hunting, fishing, motorcycles (loved my Honda CBR), did trucking, landscaping (stonework is a fav!)....was the only girl in HS in metal shop. I have more power tools, yard equipment, and handtools in my big rolling mechanic box than I dare admit.
Yeah, where are those guys? I need a sandwich....
lau.gif

Quote:
They lose the sex symbol status, when they become helpless, nagging and screaming.
lol.png

Its even worse when women are bombarded with a preconceived idea of men as moronic, sex crazed, bumbling, knuckleheads.
It's downright disc
ouragin'.

You mean your not?
lau.gif

Quote: Its even worse when women are bombarded with a preconceived idea of men as moronic, sex crazed, bumbling, knuckleheads.
It's downright discouragin'. Unquote.

Thet-thar stuff don't bother me none-at-all any. Hit be jest ignerent folks "showin'-off" on their own insexcuritees.

I jest figgur hit be a ree-fleckshun of their own envee.

I account fer tha source an' jest don't pay no dad-gummed attenshun to sech danged stupidity.

I quit watchin' that TV thangy a long time back. There hain't nuthin' worth a hoot on it anyhoo !!!
idunno.gif

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Quote:
you're my soul sister!
hugs.gif

Hunting, fishing, motorcycles (loved my Honda CBR), did trucking, landscaping (stonework is a fav!)....was the only girl in HS in metal shop. I have more power tools, yard equipment, and handtools in my big rolling mechanic box than I dare admit.
Yeah, where are those guys? I need a sandwich....
lau.gif

250? 600? 1000?
tongue.png

Year? Colour?

C'mon don't leave a girl hanging.

Had a friend that every time I saw her she was elbow deep in the engine of her 60s mustang..... HOT!!!!! I took automotive technology in collages. Not one girl in the class. Brother took Diesel Tech. Not one girl.... But If one wants to turn a wrench Im all for it. I can sit in the house an watch my chick flick collection I catch hell about.

Want to have fun.. Go buy a VW type 3 from the 70s then see how many of the guys you know can check the oil for you.... To find the engine you have to open the back hatch, roll the carpet back an remove an hatch panel in the floor. Just act dumb an watch them hunt.

I won't say it annoys me but it does show their ignorance. I am quite a car buff my self currently drive a RT Dodge Charger....can you say Hemi! Also I sold cars for 7 years and was always amused at how stunned people would be that I usually knew more than my fellow male co-workers about the vehicles. Don't let it get to you because feeling negative about it will only hurt yourself not them.

1995 (or 96...I forget) Honda CBR600. White, purple, fluorescent yellow. Corbin seat to match colors, flush lighting, neon yellow windscreen. Lots of carbon fiber pieces/parts. I took that silly black plastic part off from under the seat and flush mounted a white 'trunk' there to streamline it, tuck the butt up a bit
wink.png
. My plate # was MZBAVN
big_smile.png

I had Vanson leather in the splash design, purple and yellow on white. Matching Shoei helmet with a mirrored visor. I loved to pull up next to guys in their super-charged whatevers and flip the visor up, wink and then leave them in the dust.
40731_1995_cbr_600_fs_983076.jpg

Like this one, only more tricked out.
big_smile.png

Before that one was the Kawasaki EX500 in purple/teal/white. That was a fun little bike.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom