Does ANYONE Have Any Questions About Ducks? Anything can be Asked and Everything Will be Answered.

Who has ducks?

• ME!!!

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • Nope!

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Never!

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Thinking about it (good thing to do)!

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
2DA34531-2371-407C-ADEE-8F7DE8174EB7.jpeg
Sure! Blue Sweedish (and black), Muscovy, and Rouen. The pekins can fly VERY short distances.

This is about as high as my Rouen can fly :idunnoWere you thinking Of Mallards?

1F33DF23-FCDB-4D88-B110-0654138A5747.jpeg
OK, random question for everyone. For those of you with blue-eyed ducks, have you ever thought that their vision was not as good as your brown-eyed ducks? Random question, yes, but I’m serious. The reason I ask is that my white Muscovy frequently crash lands. She’s either really bad at physics, or her vision sucks!

View attachment 1658619

This is about as high as my Rouen can fly :idunnoWere you thinking Of Mallards?
Yeah the Swedish can't fly well either. Let me change my question a bit.

Can you name 3 species/breeds of commonly kept ducks that can fly better than a Chicken? All you have got, OP, is the Muscovy.

Last edited:
Is it necessary to keep Jumbo Pekins on food restrictions? I have a massive recently rescued drake and don’t want his weight getting out of hand. When I rescued him he was underweight and his legs were weak, but he’s made a great recovery. Now that he’s back on track, should I limit feeding amounts?
Eeyeore:
051B1D93-28CF-4CB8-A51F-4B2DB4E154D3.jpeg
4B30C7E2-FDB2-485D-A44F-AF33805252A0.jpeg

Is it necessary to keep Jumbo Pekins on food restrictions? I have a massive recently rescued drake and don’t want his weight getting out of hand. When I rescued him he was underweight and his legs were weak, but he’s made a great recovery. Now that he’s back on track, should I limit feeding amounts?
Eeyeore:
View attachment 1658657 View attachment 1658659
What i would do is a couple different things depending on the circumstances. If he free ranges he should be just fine. But if he is cooped up with open food he could gorg his self but you should let him be and watch him and if you notice that he is gaining wait then I would restrict his food

What i would do is a couple different things depending on the circumstances. If he free ranges he should be just fine. But if he is cooped up with open food he could gorg his self but you should let him be and watch him and if you notice that he is gaining wait then I would restrict his food
I will continue to monitor his weight. Thank you for the response! Their run, as can kind of be seen in the pics, is very spacious, and is too large to even be photographed in one picture. My ducks also have a large approximately 500 gallon pond. He also has 26 ladies that he shares with my BEI drake. ;)

Back
Top Bottom