Does ANYONE Have Any Questions About Ducks? Anything can be Asked and Everything Will be Answered.

Who has ducks?

• ME!!!

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • Nope!

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Never!

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Thinking about it (good thing to do)!

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Pics
What cute babies! You have three Pekins, one chocolate runner, and two blue Swedish.

Blue Swedish was the guess on my post as well. I was asked to post additional pictures as they grow and get their feathers. I'm so glad y'all are around for questions!

I have another question. How can you tell that their Pekins and not some other breed of white duck?

Since the sign said white layer, it’s making me think possibly that the smaller white one that’s sitting down could be one. Is there a noticeable size difference?i

Yes. That one is noticably smaller than the other two. I just assumed it was a little younger. The larger two have feathers coming in at about the same rate, but the smaller one is just now starting to get some pin feathers (? Is that what they are?).

Blue Swedish was the guess on my post as well. I was asked to post additional pictures as they grow and get their feathers. I'm so glad y'all are around for questions!

I have another question. How can you tell that their Pekins and not some other breed of white duck?
I go mainly by body characteristics.

Yes. That one is noticably smaller than the other two. I just assumed it was a little younger. The larger two have feathers coming in at about the same rate, but the smaller one is just now starting to get some pin feathers (? Is that what they are?).
I have a white layer hen, and she was always smaller than the pekin I raised with her. Her facial structure is smaller:
D09D57E7-A729-444F-8ECC-39C244F90555.jpeg

Maybe pull up some pics on line and compare things like bill color etc. Might be some things that are different in the white layer compared to the pekin besides size.

I'll have to go look. The two larger ones have different color bills. One is more of a pink orange and the other one is more yellow. The smaller one has a yellow/orange color too. I think you can tell in this picture. The light washes it out a little, but the duck on the right has more of a pink color.
View attachment 1659041

Back
Top Bottom