Does anyone have only ONE breed?

When I was living at home with my mother all we had were red sex-links. years after moving out I planned on sticking to 2 breeds, Silkies and a more productive breed, but chicken math hit me hard so now I have a variety of breeds and crosses. My mother must have also caught the chicken bug because she now has a mixed flock

I only have One breed currently, Aseel Rajah Murgh, and all young

Young Pullet
Screenshot_20210114-063450.jpg

Just wondering if anyone only has one or even 2 breeds of chicken? Seems like most people have as many different breeds as they have space for. (Not "judging", I am all about everyone doing what THEY want to do!) I'm just curious is all. :)
Yes and i won't do that again, you can't tell them apart! I did have 1 crossbeaked hen that i named, because yeah, i could recognize her, but she got killed this week. Hopefully we'll catch the culprit tonight.

Yes and i won't do that again, you can't tell them apart! I did have 1 crossbeaked hen that i named, because yeah, i could recognize her, but she got killed this week. Hopefully we'll catch the culprit tonight.
Oh and they're white rocks. Very pretty!

Just wondering if anyone only has one or even 2 breeds of chicken? Seems like most people have as many different breeds as they have space for. (Not "judging", I am all about everyone doing what THEY want to do!) I'm just curious is all. :)
Yes! I have six Buff Orpington hens. They lay eggs every single day. :goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom