Does anyone in the US have Cream Legbars?

hatchingbunnies

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 22, 2009
Maricopa Co. Arizona
I am very interested in the Cream Legbars for several reasons. I am a backyard breeder and would love to have an autosexing blue/green egg layer. The Ameraucana/EE's are so hard to tell gender at a young age. Even though I love selling the colored egg layers, it's a bit frustrating when the "hens" turn into roos. If ANYONE knows of any in the US, PLEASE let me know!!! If not, how about a detailed article about how they were created? That's probably a years long project, but might be worth a try.

Well in reality you could make your own sex-linked EE.
wink.png

But otherwise, I don't think there's anyone with a true Cream Legbar in the US. I also tried looking for some, not because of that - But because I saw someone's eggs from y\ he UK, unknowing that they were from the UK, and fell in love with the amazingly "true blue" color - And tried searching from there. No luck. I think the same goes for blue egg laying Silver Dorkings.
wink.png

Actually, I crossed an EE that was RIR colored with some silver pencilled EE hens--all of the silver chicks turned out to be be boys. They are beautiful, but finding more of the same colors in hens and the roo would probably be difficult. I just kind of lucked into the ones I had. Anybody out there know the breeding details on how the Cream Legbars were created?

Back
Top Bottom