Does anyone know how long Cackle....

I wish that Cackle had mentioned on their website what the average ship or available date with be. A week after I placed an internet order with Cackle I ordered Red Bro Broilers from JM Hatchery and they're coming in a few days! An email instead of a snail mail confirmation date would be nice!

I placed an order for New Hamps (50) pullets, 12 cockerel peeps; the same for Buff Orps; and 30 pearl guineas STR, the first week of May 2008. Confirmation came via snail one week later( they said at least 10 business days!) and were to arrive on the 19th May. Picked up the peeps on that morning at the post office after being called by a postal worker. Also, guineas will ship 19 June. All the peeps are very healthy and are doing quite well, considering this past week's daytime temps were in the mid 90's and relative humidity between 96-100%...no fatalities yet; even the extras that were included in the shipping! It's my first time ordering from cackle hatchery and I'll make it my permanent source. I've had nothing but messed up orders, postponements and plain stupidity of sales people at Ideal poultry and would NEVER attempt to try to place an order with them no matter how lauded from BYC mothercluckers!

JUST FYI about Cackle, they aren't shipping to Virginia anymore due to VIRGINIA issues not the hatchery. Unless my husband and I are both clueless- I am SURE this wasn't the case when we put in the order for Guineas...regardless...that might be why I haven't heard. STUPID VIRGINIA!

Anyway, I heard our local Town and Country has some...I will head there...

Okay, I feel better now. Every day I run to the mailbox and get nothing but bills and junk mail!

Tried calling Cackle since it's been more than 10 business days and nothing but a busy signal.
barnie.gif

Even though Cackle asked that you dont call, I called anyway and placed my order over the phone. I ordered 20 barred rock in April received 21 on the 25th of April and they are all healthy and picture perfect.

They will be going outside to their new home next week. I will order from them in the future. They were very friendly and I am one happy customer!!

I cancelled my order today...no news after a month a constant busy signal on the phone. It's not worth the aggravation. I paid over the internet, they were more than happy to take my money and I have nothing to show for it.:thun

Back
Top Bottom