Does anyone know how to make an incubator easy enough for kids to make

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

True words from a wise man!!!!

Quote:
This is just too funny! I have to ask ya how many kids have you raised? Mine are from 22 down to 7 years. There is 5 , 3 girld 2 boys, and this fits so well on everything.

bigkford,

I raised 4 of those "critters"! The oldest was 11 yrs. old and the youngest was 5 yrs old when their Mother and I divorced.

I retained "custody".

BUT, their Mother and I ALWAYS "put the kids first" and generally "set-aside" our personal differences, as best we could.

The oldest will, hopefully, see his 40th birthday this Fall.

The youngest has recently celebrated her 34th Birthday.

MOST of them are smarter than me.

NONE of them is as "tough" as me.

Well, that's jest the way them "critters" are...............

wink.png

-Junkmanme-
caf.gif

Quote:
He he! Yeah the lights give the heat. there are three square holes cut into the top. That is becuse like I said you have to fiddle with the lighting to get it right. I just cut the squares just big enough for the shop lights to sit on. This is my first hatch period. But I have been keeping a close eye on the little guys and I have 5 that should be hatching this week end. (Though I think I may have lost one today. Not due to 'bator problems though.) Though I am moving them for lockdown to "Frankenbator". It's and old mini frdge my husband and I turned into a bator. The problem for me with the "poor mans bator" is not really the bator itself. It's the girls. I have a 4 year old and 10 month old daughters, and they don't know how to keep their little hands off. There is the potintial they could burn their self on the light or accidentally kill the eggs. The franken bator eliminates that problem. Besides, one of those shop lights I hijacked from our turtle. OOPSY! Don't worry she's fine, we get her access to sun light, but I'm sure she would like her light back. you do need to line this bator with paper towel or and old towel or something like that cause condensation builds up on the cool end and you need something to saok it up otherwise you run into your eggs sitting in water, Big no no. Thankfully i'm OCD about things being comfortable so I had lined the bator anyway before putting the eggs in, and later found how that was good I did that because of the condensation. It just takes tweaking but it works!

Thats great! But like I said you do have to watch the temps and since there is no turner ou have to turn by hand. The temp problem could be solved some with a thermostat I just didn't want to go to the trouble of hooking one up! LOL! But really If you set it up and take a few days fiddling with it before you ut eggs in there than you really don't have any problems. maybe a little more tweaking after putting the eggs in cause they can change the temps, but not much tweaking is needed after putting them in. Once you get it right it's soomth sailing after that.

Quote:

Quote:
You do have to turn eggs. And I turn mine, but I turn by hand. You could buy or make an automatc turner I just don't have the time or money for that. It's quicker for me to reach in real quick and give them all a quick turn.

Back
Top Bottom