1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Does anyone know if you can show EE's at a fair???

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the SOP' started by Sienatiger, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Sienatiger

Sienatiger Chirping

Aug 7, 2014
    With the girls!
    i have a beautiful EE that I really want to show. I am not sure if I can though because she is not purebred. Thanks so much for any help!

2. Sienatiger

Sienatiger Chirping

Aug 7, 2014
    With the girls!
    Here is a cute pic of her. She is wet.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    By "at the fair" are you wanting to use them for a 4-H poultry project bird? If so, contact your 4-H leader or the extension office directly and ask for your county's regulation of this (the specifics vary from county to county - if you want to exhibit at the State Fair, though, you will want to also inquire about those regulations). I know our county is pretty relaxed about the breed issue - there are several 4-Hers who exhibit EEs and sex-links.
    Another thing to ask about is open class - this, too, varies by locality. Some counties offer open class exhibits only to non-animal type exhibits, while others open some animal exhibits to open class entries as well -- they are judged entirely separate from the actual 4-H projects and are not shown in the 4-H show classes.

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager 5 Years

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
  5. Sienatiger

Sienatiger Chirping

Aug 7, 2014
    With the girls!
    Yes I am am in a 4-H club I have many friends who show poultry. I show pigs, sheep, and goats. Thanks so much for the help! I will check the regulations, and read the post . Thanks again!

6. NikkiBoyce 2012

NikkiBoyce 2012 In the Brooder

Oct 1, 2013
    Some you can, some you can't. We can. They are considered mix breed. SO look for "Mixed Breed" on the program.

7. silkiefluff

silkiefluff Chirping

Aug 22, 2013
    NS, Canada
    I think it depends on the fair, as there is no Standard to adhere to, since they are not a breed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: