Does anyone know what breed my chicks are?

Granny Gwenda

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2021
So, a day ago a got three lil’ chicks, however I don’t know their breed or age, but I was able to guess their genders.
The black is named Mocha and she’s a girl, the one with a brown stripe across her head and back is Michu and she’s also a girl, and the last one, the yellow one is named Chichi and he’s a boy.
If you know their breeds or are able to guess their age, then please let me know!

Attachments

• 02DEF8F8-2CC7-4875-B2DF-914F7451DB95.jpeg
    02DEF8F8-2CC7-4875-B2DF-914F7451DB95.jpeg
    366.6 KB · Views: 15
As for age they seem to be about one week old. Don't know about the breeds, where did you get them?
Also, they seem too young to be able to tell the genders (unless they're autosexing breeds)

As for age they seem to be about one week old. Don't know about the breeds, where did you get them?
Also, they seem too young to be able to tell the genders (unless they're autosexing breeds)
A man who works near my place bought a bunch of chicks and gave them to the people who were willing to keep them here. As for the genders, I’m just guessing based off of their sizes. Thanks for helping me out with their age, I wouldn’t have been able to guess.

No guess on breeds because that's all it would be is a guess at this point.
Agree they're around a week or so old.
Sexing by size is completely unreliable.
Your post reminded me of once when I was really young one of my grandpa's friends bought a big box of assorted hatchery chicks. He passed them out a handful at a time to about everyone within 15 miles with the handshake deal that they could have them free and he'd even take back the males once they were older.
Well his box of chicks were all assorted heavy breed cockerels so he ended up with almost every one of them returned with them being half way to butcher age and without him having to feed or brood them.

Back
Top Bottom