Does baby need help hatching??

Cwillenburg

Songster
Aug 19, 2020
Do I need to worry about this chick? It's still breathing but not chirping or moving much and the membrane looks kinda dry. It piped this afternoon. I'm trying to be as hands off as possible but it's my first time hatching and I'm super nervous 😬
20201218_203510.jpg

If you help it, it can make it be weak in the long run. If its too dry, maybe you need to check your humitity. Maybe add a little more water. Perhaps you can take a warm clean towel and pat it a little bit. Try to leave it in the incubator and try to not open the incubator. Every time you open the incubator it lets out heat and humitity. Make certain that you are always washing your hands before and after handling. Also, patience. Chicks will hatch a little bit, then sleep for a long time. If you was to check it again, just check it to make certain that it is still breathing.
Congrats on the first time hatching!

If you help it, it can make it be weak in the long run. If its too dry, maybe you need to check your humitity. Maybe add a little more water. Perhaps you can take a warm clean towel and pat it a little bit. Try to leave it in the incubator and try to not open the incubator. Every time you open the incubator it lets out heat and humitity. Make certain that you are always washing your hands before and after handling. Also, patience. Chicks will hatch a little bit, then sleep for a long time. If you was to check it again, just check it to make certain that it is still breathing.
Congrats on the first time hatching!

They are under a broody hen, not in an incubator. I haven't been out to check them yet this morning.

They are under a broody hen, not in an incubator. I haven't been out to check them yet this morning.
Ok, if it's under a broody hen, she should have everything under control. How's she's a new mom, I'd keep an eye on her to make certain that she's good with the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom