Does he stand a chance?

I really am!!! She's only 9 months old so I figured learning curve. But I know wild ducks do it just fine haha. Part of the drama was because my Cayuga abandoned the nest and then my runner took it over. I'm sure that's what caused some of the deaths. Now my Cayuga is trying to go broody again. These girls are crazy lol

Yes and I meant to say the drama was no fault of yours! The bright side is you learn so much! (and me too!)

Did you notice at the beginning of the thread how miss Lydia 'tagged' 2 members to help you? By placing the '@' sign in front of members name an alert is sent to that person. Good to know when you need advice quickly.

I'd def keep an eye on her and how she reacts once these lil ones hatch. Make your decision based on that to whether to take them.

First time moms sometimes just freak out once hatching begins I had a first time Muscovy do this when her duckling hatched she attacked it about the head I had to take the lil one from her.

That's what I thought happened with little guy that died. One was peeping in its shell that night, and then the next morning she had jacked up his shell like that. She keeps flipping over the babies trying to zip. How long should I let them go? The first one has been 24 hours since his external pip

Just moving them around like she did the entire time, I just know incubators have to be locked in and that changing position can make the hatch difficult and every time I check the pip holes are pointed down into the bedding. I hope she will do good as a mom onve they hatch.

I hope so too they can sure drive us nuts though. lol keep us updated and hopefully once they hatch she'll settle down. Your going to be able to keep an eye on everything through out the rest of the day and evening ?

Yea I don't have a lot gping on today. Just a lazy toddler whose still asleep hahaha. Im about to go check the babies again. The mom keeps hissing at me. She's over my meddling lol.

Back
Top Bottom