Does Metzer Farms add extra ducks for warmth??

secuono

Crowing
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Virginia
Do they?
Anyone ever get extras? I've got 10 ducklings coming Jan. 9th. [[[[[Holy potatoes! That's next week! I totally forgot!!!!!]]]]]

Anyway, it's real cold, so I'd hope they do...

If someone orders 10-25 ducklings and we have extra of the breed they order, we will put in an extra duckling or two. But we will not short one person's order to give extras to someone else. We will always give extra for orders of 25 or more. We do not include additional birds if someone orders less than 10 as they are paying extra for small quantities so we assume they can only handle that number of birds - and no more.

The post office normally does a very good job of handling the birds so an order of 10 should arrive plenty warm.

Thank you for the order!

That seems pretty lame that 25+ get extras, but 10 don't. I would think the 10 to 24 would need help keeping warm than the larger group. As for deaths, same amount of deaths can happen in a small batch as in a large one. I would expect equality with extras. All get one at least, maybe not the under 10 that have other specialty items.

I'm not gonna fight with you about this, since I will be ordering more ducks ones these are grown and in freezer camp!

I thought they did a pretty good job of explaining why they don't include extras in small orders. Why would you even consider "fighting" or arguing with them about extras? If you wanted more than 10 I would think you would have ordered more. I doubt they make any guarantee that everyone gets free ducks with their order.

I can understand why they do that. Many folks don't like to deal with the extras. Although, with us, we just sell them. I ordered from Ideal and they
sent 3 extras(chickens not ducks) with my small order. I picked the ones I wanted to keep and sold the rest. However, a lot of folks don't like to do that.

Also, with a small order, they might put in a heating pad or a better insulated box. That helps them stay warmer with less chicks. It also makes it more expensive for them to ship.

So it makes you mad if you don't get free stuff? Is that because you deserve free stuff?

If you want more than 10 ducklings, then order more than 10 ducklings. That way, you will get the ducklings you want instead of expecting to get the extra ducks you want for free.

Quote:
Me too. If I ordered 10 ducks that's what I would expect to get, 10 ducks.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Are you asking if they add extras for warmth? Some places will add heat packs or the likes when its cold out. Some places just let you deal with the fact that you ordered chicks/ducklings in the dead of winter. It sounds like the hatchery has dealt with people not wanting extra chicks.

Back
Top Bottom