Does my chick look sick?

Get the liquid Corid. That way you will mix one-half teaspoon of liquid Corid in one-quart of water and give it to all the chicks for five days. In addition, give this chick with the doubtful poop the drench at .1ml undiluted Corid liquid once each day for three days.

The drinking water should be mixed fresh each day and given for five days. Then a week after the final dose, do another round of Corid for five days, skipping the drench this time.

Get the liquid Corid. That way you will mix one-half teaspoon of liquid Corid in one-quart of water and give it to all the chicks for five days. In addition, give this chick with the doubtful poop the drench at .1ml undiluted Corid liquid once each day for three days.

The drinking water should be mixed fresh each day and given for five days. Then a week after the final dose, do another round of Corid for five days, skipping the drench this time.
Okay this is the one we have!😊
B4DA5B6F-59D6-4CD9-B66D-A1B6973E6623.jpeg

Yes, I would bet that chick has coccidiosis from it’s appearance and the blood in the poop. That is not just intestinal shed. Treat with the maximum dosage of Corid—2 tsp or 10 ml of the liquid Corid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Then you can continue to treat at 1/4 of that dosage for another 5-7 days. Right now, I would give the chick 0.1 ml or 1/4 tsp of the undiluted Corid twice a day to give a quick boost. Make sure that she is drinking or give her sips throughout the day. Treat all chicks at one. Change the Corid water daily, and raise it on wood blocks or bricks to the shoulder height. Keep bedding dry and clean.

Okay thank you for all the help! When should she start feeling better do you think? Should I force feed her mashed food too?

Update: Astrid was given her first oral dose earlier and they have now all been giving their first dose in the water!😁 It took me a while because I had to clean out my chicken hospital cage to put them in!😉 She seems to be doing a bit better now that she was moved out and has more room now! She was over by the food and was looking at it so hopefully she will start eating.
339061C5-A9FF-4CEA-A98D-18C26395CE58.jpeg
Sorry this picture is very hard to see.😬 She was looking around her new home. She was also running!🤦🏽‍♀🤣 She is such a tough baby!❤️

Back
Top Bottom