Does my chick look sick?

Pics
She needs an antibiotic. Sulfa is best. But it will take more than a week to get it by mail. I ordered some here https://www.jedds.com/shop/trimethoprinsulfa-100-g-medpet/ to keep on hand in case I ever need it I won't be watching chickens die while I wait on the USPS. They always used to call it "snail mail", but now we need to come up with another name for it, snails being faster than the mail these days..

If you live in a big city, you might be able to find pigeon sulfa which would work.

I can put electrolytes and corid in their water at the same time? I only have chick probiotics but that does have electrolytes in it. I haven’t forced her to eat since yesterday morning when I fed her coconut oil before I knew it was coccidiosis. They are eating chick crumbles. Should I try to get her to eat mash or just leave her and hope she’s eating?
I have no idea what the heck mash and corridor is.... but if I were you I would feed all the chicks she is living with medicated feed. Which will treat the coccidia they are carrying and will prevent further problems. Just because they were never outside doesn't mean they cant get it. Most likely they either got it from you since you go in and out the coop and you handle them. Or they got it from the place you got them. When I bought chicks from a farm and home store they were all carriers of the illness. You dont know if they are carriers or not until they get stressed [which is your case]. If that one has it then they all have it. If I were you I would give them ALL electrolytes and the medicated feed I was talking about.

So just leave her then? Do I try to feed her or not?
Put food in the enclosure and her back in with her friends so they can all eat medicated food and they can all show her she can eat and drink like them. When I had a sick bird I had to put a friend in with her because she couldn't figure out where the food and water was, even though I did show her. It's also good to have a friend when you know you might be close to death. Btw if she has coccidia then they are all carriers and it wont hurt anything to put her back with them.

She needs an antibiotic. Sulfa is best. But it will take more than a week to get it by mail. I ordered some here https://www.jedds.com/shop/trimethoprinsulfa-100-g-medpet/ to keep on hand in case I ever need it I won't be watching chickens die while I wait on the USPS. They always used to call it "snail mail", but now we need to come up with another name for it, snails being faster than the mail these days..

If you live in a big city, you might be able to find pigeon sulfa which would work.
What will that do? Is the corid not working? Is it coccidiosis? Will her friends not respond well either?

Put food in the enclosure and her back in with her friends so they can all eat medicated food and they can all show her she can eat and drink like them. When I had a sick bird I had to put a friend in with her because she couldn't figure out where the food and water was, even though I did show her. It's also good to have a friend when you know you might be close to death. Btw if she has coccidia then they are all carriers and it wont hurt anything to put her back with them.
She is with her friends.

I have no idea what the heck mash and corridor is.... but if I were you I would feed all the chicks she is living with medicated feed. Which will treat the coccidia they are carrying and will prevent further problems. Just because they were never outside doesn't mean they cant get it. Most likely they either got it from you since you go in and out the coop and you handle them. Or they got it from the place you got them. When I bought chicks from a farm and home store they were all carriers of the illness. You dont know if they are carriers or not until they get stressed [which is your case]. If that one has it then they all have it. If I were you I would give them ALL electrolytes and the medicated feed I was talking about.
Mash is just their food with water. Corid is what you give chicks if they have coccidiosis.

She is with her friends.
Okay good, that is another thing to help her get better.
Mash is just their food with water. Corid is what you give chicks if they have coccidiosis.
Okay, I recommend to just use the food I recommended. If she has trouble swallowing then give her the mash again. And use Quik Chick or something like that. Because that doesn't JUST treat coccidia it also helps with stress and shock.

Do you think she could have just eaten a shaving or something and it scratched up her insides? She only started acting like this yesterday morning so I thought we caught it early enough if it was coccidiosis? If it is coccidiosis and she’s not doing so good would the others go downhill too?

Back
Top Bottom