Does my chick look sick?

Yes. Provide grit. I've never had chicks overeat grit, that's an interesting thought.

Yes. They can have Coccidiosis even if they have never been outside. Coccidia are found in poop and soil. It's very common for brooder raised chicks to have an overload. So I would treat for Coccidiosis if they were mine.

Yes. Provide grit. I've never had chicks overeat grit, that's an interesting thought.

Yes. They can have Coccidiosis even if they have never been outside. Coccidia are found in poop and soil. It's very common for brooder raised chicks to have an overload. So I would treat for Coccidiosis if they were mine.
I don’t have Corid and my mom doesn’t think that’s what this is. So I’ll just try the coconut oil for now and if I see other symptoms then try?

So they don’t have to come in contact with diseased birds or anything for coccidiosis? They can just get it?

So they don’t have to come in contact with diseased birds or anything for coccidiosis? They can just get it?
No they don’t, they can get it from eating their own poo or drinking water that’s dirty. She does look unwell, but if the other chicks don’t seem sick it may be something specific to her. Have they gotten treats other than their crumbles? If not, definitely could be issues with digestion of treats. Also I would consider adding Sav a Chic to their water perhaps, see if the added nutrients in water will help! Sorry your baby is unwell 🤒 😢

No they don’t, they can get it from eating their own poo or drinking water that’s dirty. She does look unwell, but if the other chicks don’t seem sick it may be something specific to her. Have they gotten treats other than their crumbles? If not, definitely could be issues with digestion of treats. Also I would consider adding Sav a Chic to their water perhaps, see if the added nutrients in water will help! Sorry your baby is unwell 🤒 😢
Yeah she doesn’t sleep all the time and loves to talk when held. She acts basically normal when taken out and set on the ground out of her stock tank. She also cleans herself from time to time. They got scrambled eggs a couple days ago. But one (random brand) food bag that they ate had mealworms and what looked like seeds and scratch treats? I will put some chick probiotics in their water.😉 Thank you!❤️ I did have this chick (a silkie bantam) that acted something like this. He just all the sudden stopped eating and doing other things. So we force fed him and gave him mash and he got all better. Not sure what it was but hopefully we can get Astrid all healthy again like we did with that other baby!😬

Finally! She pooped! On my pants!😠🤣 She’s acting normal now that she is outside of her stock tank. She is screaming away while I’m force feeding her and wiping her beak on me. She is also running all the way around her stock tank trying to get to her friends. Does it look like she’s constipated?
4DDFC047-830B-4137-A15B-FDBC88D03CC8.jpeg

I don’t see anything immediately concerning, but I’m new enough I’m not an expert in chicken poop yet 😆 I say keep an eye on her! Hopefully she just had a bit of a tummy ache…
Yeah I can’t tell if it’s blood or just weirdly colored? Maybe intestinal lining?😬

Back
Top Bottom