Does my chick look sick?

Pics
Washing hands after handling birds is good practice.

Your adult chickens have resistance to whatever strain(s) of Coccidia that are found in their environment.
The chicks might have a different strain or the adults - don't know.

If you are eventually going to integrate both groups then introducing some soil from the adult's chicken run to the chicks would be good. Same as putting some litter from the chick's housing into the adults run.

I get brooder raised chicks introduced to soil from the chicken runs within a couple of days of hatch, this way they can start building some resistance. Within 2 weeks, I try to do my best to get them to ground.
Broody raised chicks are exposed right off the bat with Mama taking them all over the place.
Should I do that after treatment is done?😉

She is cold because it’s cold outside so she’s been hanging out under the heater. She pooped twice. One was either clear or white liquid (didn’t get too good of a look) and the other was a liquid “clot” looking thing like she pooped yesterday.

She got her second dose and all the others got theirs in the water!😉
How cold is it?

You mention she got her "second dose"? Are you drenching her IN Addition to her drinking the mixed Corid water or are you just giving her a daily dose?

She needs to be drinking the Mixed Corid Water too.

How cold is it?

You mention she got her "second dose"? Are you drenching her IN Addition to her drinking the mixed Corid water or are you just giving her a daily dose?

She needs to be drinking the Mixed Corid Water too.
In the 60’s but it’s warmer now so she’s not under it as much.

Yeah she got her second drench but she is also drinking the corid water.😉

Update:
53ACF24D-D456-40FA-9E0C-022361F11787.jpeg
Still drinking but I haven’t seen any signs of eating. Am I just supposed to assume she is? When should she be all better?

Hi! My chick has just been acting kind of sleepy. I was just wondering if this is because she’s growing in all of these new feathers or if there is actually something wrong? She doesn’t really have interest in food and I force fed her some mash. Thanks in advance for any help! View attachment 2822473
She looks stressed. Put electrolytes in her water. It was probably a bad idea forcing her to eat, because it will just make it worse if she is stressed. What are you feeding them?

She looks stressed. Put electrolytes in her water. It was probably a bad idea forcing her to eat, because it will just make it worse if she is stressed. What are you feeding them?
I can put electrolytes and corid in their water at the same time? I only have chick probiotics but that does have electrolytes in it. I haven’t forced her to eat since yesterday morning when I fed her coconut oil before I knew it was coccidiosis. They are eating chick crumbles. Should I try to get her to eat mash or just leave her and hope she’s eating?

@azygous @Wyorp Rock should she already be feeling better and eating? I’m a bit worried because all she does is just drink water until her crop feels like it’s going to explode. She is also pooping blood still (lots of it). She does seem to not be quite as sleepy but she is still sleeping most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom