Does my pullet have coccidiosis??

She’s not eating food, either. Her crop is always empty; I don’t think that she’s eating much. She just puts her head down in front of the feeder and half heartedly touched her beak to the food but never opens it. She is drinking, so she’s getting the Corid. I melted some coconut oil and dipped her beak in it and she drank that as well. I looked at her eyes and there is no sign of pus or anything abnormal

Ok so I’m giving her coconut oil twice a day now, as much as she is willing to drink (which is not much) and giving them the corid-treated water. Paisley doesn’t look worse, and she’s drinking and moving around somewhat, but I haven’t seen her eat. Like I said, she tries, but doesn’t (or can’t) open her beak much to generate the power to get it down. Yesterday, though, she managed to eat a couple of mealworms.

Oh hey! Sorry about the late response but I haven’t been asking any more questions because Paisley has gone back to normal. I’m still not officially sure what was wrong, but I’ll take it, cause she’s back to eating and engaging with everybody. I’m still using the corid just in case but they will be off of that soon. However, I did find a little white worm in another one of my chickens’ poop so I’m going to deworm them now. But still super thankful for Paisleys miraculous recovery!!

Back
Top Bottom