"does 'rooster' taste the same as chicken?"

mommy9994

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2008
central VA
Yes, that is what the woman asked me:rolleyes:

There was also this conversation when a lady called about the pullets I'm selling, and my 8yo son answered the phone(think of Chuck answering in a "Ben Stien" monotone-- that's how he answers dumb questions)...

Lady: What is a pullet
Chuck: It's a person who makes up poems
Lady: No, not a poet, a PULLET
Chuck: It's a girl chicken

LOL:lol:
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

I think people figure that the chicken you buy in the store is female. I know that on these cooking shows, they use rooster for some dishes specifically because of the difference in meat.

Maybe that's what she meant and just worded it funny
wink.png
I had never even heard the word pullet until BYC
th.gif

I think people figure that the chicken you buy in the store is female. I know that on these cooking shows, they use rooster for some dishes specifically because of the difference in meat.

you're so nice, giving people the benefit of the doubt and all LOL! in a previous conversation, this same woman didn't know the difference b/t a hen and a rooster though.

the lady calling about the pullet, I mostly thought my son's response was funny. I understand that a lot of people might not know what a pullet is.​

Oh, I see LOL Yeah, that's me... giving people the benefit of the doubt.
tongue.png
My husband is always teasing me for it
wink.png

Reminds me of the conversation I had with my friend recently..... out to lunch I was telling her about my breeding plans. She says "I know some chickens... there's chickens, roosters, hens & barred rocks." then I was telling her about some of the breeds and I mention something about red hens and she says "No, ROOSTERS are red!"
smile.png
tehehehehe

Back
Top Bottom