"does 'rooster' taste the same as chicken?"

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by mommy9994, May 7, 2008.

1. mommy9994

mommy9994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    central VA
    Yes, that is what the woman asked me:rolleyes:

There was also this conversation when a lady called about the pullets I'm selling, and my 8yo son answered the phone(think of Chuck answering in a "Ben Stien" monotone-- that's how he answers dumb questions)...

Lady: What is a pullet
    Chuck: It's a person who makes up poems
    Lady: No, not a poet, a PULLET
    Chuck: It's a girl chicken

LOL:lol:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    Now that was a mastercard moment LOL!

3. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    OMG very simple yet very funny, thanks for the laugh.

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    [​IMG] CUTE! [​IMG]

5. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] That was a definite Laugh Out Loud moment!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    [​IMG]

7. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I think people figure that the chicken you buy in the store is female. I know that on these cooking shows, they use rooster for some dishes specifically because of the difference in meat.

Maybe that's what she meant and just worded it funny [​IMG] I had never even heard the word pullet until BYC [​IMG]

8. mommy9994

mommy9994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    central VA
    I think people figure that the chicken you buy in the store is female. I know that on these cooking shows, they use rooster for some dishes specifically because of the difference in meat.

you're so nice, giving people the benefit of the doubt and all LOL! in a previous conversation, this same woman didn't know the difference b/t a hen and a rooster though.

the lady calling about the pullet, I mostly thought my son's response was funny. I understand that a lot of people might not know what a pullet is.​

9. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Oh, I see LOL Yeah, that's me... giving people the benefit of the doubt. [​IMG] My husband is always teasing me for it [​IMG]

Reminds me of the conversation I had with my friend recently..... out to lunch I was telling her about my breeding plans. She says "I know some chickens... there's chickens, roosters, hens & barred rocks." then I was telling her about some of the breeds and I mention something about red hens and she says "No, ROOSTERS are red!" [​IMG] tehehehehe

10. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

I've had lots of weird Q since I got chickens the weirdest ( in my opion) Is- Where do you keep them? I've had that Q twice in 4 days. My Answer is outside in a coup. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by