Does this duck have Bumblefoot or...?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by DaphneDuck5, Dec 1, 2016.

1. DaphneDuck5

DaphneDuck5 New Egg

Dec 1, 2016
    North Carolina
    Ok so I checked my ducks feet yesterday because I noticed a dark spot and found what was pictured below.
    I probably sound dumb for asking because the answer is probably simple but she doesn't limp, it's not inflamed when I touch it, and she acts just fine. Today I removed as much of the dark tissue as possible after soaking her foot in Espom salt for 15 mins. I then used colorless iodine and Poultry Care Vetericyn. She's wrapped up and still acting as if nothing is wrong.
    Could this be a callus or something else? As I scraped I just saw what looked like normal skin underneath it for a short while before the foot started bleeding.
    Please post your opinions! I plan to keep cleaning and treating it until I take her to the vet! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  2. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Welcome to BYC.

I'm not a duck expert, but it looks like Bumblefoot to me.

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I would put triple antibiotic ointment without painkiller on the spot, it looks like a bumble to me. Glad you are getting her to the vet. Feel free to post over on the Duck Forum.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by