Does this happens to you? Cuddling chickens

I have an 8 year old barred rock and she still wants to sit in my lap. She can’t jump up there anymore (she has old lady legs), but if I pick her up and set her in my lap, she will happily snooze there all day.

It’s all about their individual personalities and how you raised them (I spend an unnatural amount of time with my babies and let them climb all over me when they’re chicks). I figure if I encourage friendly, cuddly behavior it will continue long into adulthood (and, no, they don’t do it for treats. They do it because they want affection and attention from their Mama Chicken :love).

Having said that, my two SL Wyandottes will only sit on my legs. They’re not huggers:lau.

It looks like you have Buff Orpingtons. They are the golden retrievers of the chicken world. My Gretchen is a BO and loves lap time (if Hattie, Viola, CiCi, or Junie aren’t hogging up all the space :wee ).

This is Agatha and this is as close to my lap as she’ll get:
View attachment 2622641
That’s amazing! Your girls are beauties!! I’m getting a GL Wyandotte and a Sussex next week and I’m curious to see the difference in their personalities with the BO! 🥰

Nah, not necessarily. They are a lot like people in that regard. Some people mellow as they get older and some get a little grumpy to down right mean. My grandma was a little ornery when you was younger and then turned into a sweetie pie in her old age. I couldn't tell you about if she wanted to cuddle or not, though. 🤣 But, then she isn't a chicken either.
But, more than likely they will want to cuddle with you since you are pretty cute. Oh, sorry! I forgot this isn't a dating site! :confused:
I am just joking. Sometimes, I just cannot help myself. 😁 It just comes out all on its own.

internet seriously GIF

I take my eye off you one minute and I find you hitting on folk. Come on, man. Behave! :gig

Back
Top Bottom