Does this look more like Marek’s or a vitamin deficiency?

I don't want to say that. I believe I just had a very virulent strain of the disease.

Just keep a close eye on everyone. Treat any symptoms that occur. You've gotten some good treatment advice between all your threads. Hopefully it's just a deficiency.
Thank you. I'm really sorry about your chickens, that is really rough. My flock catching Marek’s has always been one of my worst nightmares because there's no treatment

Vitamin therapy won't hurt her. But I suggest you get the bottle of B-100 complex. It has the highest amount of B-6 in it, a B vitamin that mends nerve connections. I'm treating a pullet right now with it and she's shown improvement that's been surprisingly encouraging.
Ok! Maybe I can just get some extra b6 separately since I don't want to waste the stuff I already bought

My money's on vitamin E and B-1 and 6 deficiency. Of course I could be wrong for the second time in my life. :D It could be Marek's. But it's easy enough to buy a bottle of B-100 complex from Walmart and vitamin E 400iu and a bottle of selenium and give her one E and a quarter tab of selenium each day, and half a B -100 complex twice a day, and see what happens.

If it's going to work, you should see results in just a couple of days. Continue until she's back to her normal self.

Update, she's still having seizures (short, very frequent ones, often triggered by stress, I seem to be able to snap her out of some of them by petting her and talking in a soft voice) but today she appears to be able to walk better (she seemed to have some trouble walking before) and her poop was solid (its been watery the past few days)
Is this improvement or am I being too hopeful?
Yesterday I started giving her more vitamin b complex and part of a selenium tablet

Also she's preening, or at least trying to

Update, she's still having seizures (short, very frequent ones, often triggered by stress, I seem to be able to snap her out of some of them by petting her and talking in a soft voice) but today she appears to be able to walk better (she seemed to have some trouble walking before) and her poop was solid (its been watery the past few days)
Is this improvement or am I being too hopeful?
Yesterday I started giving her more vitamin b complex and part of a selenium tablet

Also she's preening, or at least trying to
Also her butt feathers are really dirty and I'm tempted to give her a bath. Is there any way to safely do that for a chicken that keeps having seizures?

Sounds like a bit of improvement. It's better than things going the other way.

Have you tried giving her electrolytes with sugar? I'm sorry if I missed that bit of information.

I watched the video again, and it still appears to me to be torticolis caused by vitamin deficiency.

Sounds like a bit of improvement. It's better than things going the other way.

Have you tried giving her electrolytes with sugar? I'm sorry if I missed that bit of information.

I watched the video again, and it still appears to me to be torticolis caused by vitamin deficiency.
I have not tried that yet. Do I need to buy an electrolyte mix or can I make one..?

Back
Top Bottom