Does this topic break your heart too?

Sandbellie

Songster
10 Years
Dec 21, 2009
New Hampshire
Hey all.
I was just looking through the topics of injuries and when I read some of this stuff, it make me feel horrible.
Like about baby chicks being born deformed, and people having to cull. It just makes me wanna cry.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Does this kind of stuff bother you too?

No sad stories please, I already feel bad.
Thanks.

Last edited:
It is hard and very sad. On occasion we have one or two that hatch with problems and we know they can not be put in with their counterparts so we do our best with them and a few have survived and make great pets. I really hate it when one becomes injured and there is nothing I can do but put it down. I always tell myself never will I ever have another animal cause I hate when one gets sick, injured etc. but here I sit with over 15 goats, 100 plus chickens, horses, cats, dogs, turkeys, ducks.....I honestly don't know what I would do without them.

Oh yeah...I usually skip over the "emergencies/injuries" section AND many of the "predator" posts because they bother me. I know many of these situations are just facts of life...and nature, but they're still sad.
sad.png

It does to some degree because I'm a softy and I love my birds as individuals and pets, but at the same time, having raised as many chickens as I have, I have learned that losing some of the chicks and or needing to cull sometimes is a normal and natural part of raising any sort of animal. It's sad and very difficult, but sometimes it's the best decision we can make for the sake of the animal. I personally don't cull just for disabilities, but if the animal seems to be suffering or has a very low quality of life, I will because I don't believe any creature deserves to suffer for a long time.

I hate it most when I have to put down one of my favorites, it always seems it's a favorite. We wouldnt be human if we didnt feel sad or without compassion. I usually take a couple days off from reading these posts sometimes so I can come back and hopefully help someone who has a problem.

"I usually take a couple days off from reading these posts sometimes so I can come back and hopefully help someone who has a problem."
That's how I feel, it gets me sad, but I try to come back and help someone.....

Well it really does, Im an animal lover, I have 4 dogs ( where 5 but one passed away this tuesday, have him cremated and mantain his ashes he was old) 2 macaws, 2 lorys, lovebirds, koi fish, 2 horses, peackocks, peafowl, ducks, swans and a lot of chickens. Oh I forgot a husband... and a trained one (sory for that). definetly I hate to read all this sad posts but you can learn from others before happens to you, if so then you can act faster!

Back
Top Bottom