Does your farm have a name?

Mullers3acresfarm
frow.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif

We started out with Cedar Ridge Ranch. Our driveway is lined with 100 year old cedar trees, and we are up on a hill. It isn't a ranch but Cedar Ridge Farm sounded lame.

Now we expanded to Kinder goats. So we felt the need to Change to Kinder Korner. Because our land is in the corner of a park. And we breed Kinders.

We can't decide which we like better. But Kinder Korner it is I guess. Cedar Ridge Ranch sounds too horsey. And I've decided to switch to goats as a business instead of horses.

Haha maybe Cedar Ridge Kinder Korner. Oh gosh to long to write on all the registration papers.
gig.gif

We register everything as Kinder Korner. But if that is taken. It switches to Kelsee's Kinder Korner.

No farm here, either, just a cottage-style cabin on somewhat over 5 acres of woods. Started calling my "operation" by name, but it isn't a business, either. Mountain View Heritage Poultry (could also be Mountain View Heritage Farm, I guess). We have view of mountains in two states from the deck of the house, but not a long range view. We are on a small mountain, surrounded by taller mountains.

My mother and I kept horses at my grandparents' farm as I was growing up... we called it Cottonwood Creek Farm, as there was a mushy bit running through the middle of the pasture, with a small natural spring to one side; and the pasture was divided from its neighbors by a line of cottonwoods. It looked like it was snowing in late summer, all the cottonfluff from those trees.
smile.png

My mother's new farm (that she just purchased recently... congrats mom!) is likely called the Hatch Patch. That was the name of their previous house, and I'm assuming they've planted the sign at the end of their new driveway. If they haven't, I shall have to make them a weather-proof-ier one.

I have a house, finally, and have been trying to think of a name. I'll have chickens (eventually), but I don't know that it matters to the name of the house. I refuse to call it "the money pit", as some friends continuously refer to it (I have no money, thus, it's not being eaten by the house. Ergo, it is NOT a money pit. Just eternally unfinished.)

A friend of mine has two houses.... one is named Clifford [the Big Red House], and the other Manderly after the house in Daphne duMaurier's "Rebecca", as the house nearly drove them nuts as they were renovating. Our friends-in-common refer to the houses as such, and when one says "are you going to Manderly for New Years", we all know what's up. Much tidier than saying "Ben and Todd's house".

So, assuming we're discussing naming property/structures and not JUST farms....
smile.png

Last edited:
Our farm/ranch has been in my husband's family since the 1880s.....it's never had a name. There's a guy a couple of miles from us who bought a small acreage and at the road he has a big sign that says THE RANCH ....no cattle, no nothin.....I don't get why people do that. Does he really think we all think he's got a ranch!!??

Last edited:
Heavens Half Acre

Not really a farm per say and if all goes well in a couple weeks it isn't gonna be 1/2 acre either. But that is what we put on all produce and egg labels and wine, jam and sauce labels.

Oh, it is named that because it is on an island in Maine. And no cell phone service. There are no cell phones in heaven.
lol.png

We are calling it Pine Hill Farm, well, because the house is on a hill nestled among the pine trees. <3 Here is an up close pic of the house. We've lived in it 6 months today! I adore this place!
025.jpg

024.jpg

here's the back of the house from the back field:
004.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Funny how things (homes, farms) seem to make their name apparant with time. Friend of mine bought a cottage on a lake up north and through the entire renovation he kept asking why the original owner did the things he did. Hence the cottage was named "The whydidee"
gig.gif

Edited for spelling

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom