Dog attack--2" neck wound on throat of my pullet

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to bring one of her friends into the crate to stay with her:hmm? She's my most social bird, and hates being cooped up... Any thoughts BYCers?

That may be a good idea, but I'd avoid bringing her outside until the wound has started to heal, having her outside there would be a likely chance flies may craw under the bandage and lay their eggs on the wound.

Best of luck with her.

Yes, this would be a good idea. Alternatively, can you put her in a wire dog crate and put her in the coop so she can essentially still be part of the flock? Give her a chunk of 4x4 to sit on as a roost and provide her with the essentials: food, water, grit and oyster shell daily. I think you'll find she'll heal faster. Good luck!
I have her in a wire dog crate, so it wouldn't be difficult to move her in with the flock. Thanks!

That may be a good idea, but I'd avoid bringing her outside until the wound has started to heal, having her outside there would be a likely chance flies may craw under the bandage and lay their eggs on the wound.

Best of luck with her.
Good point 😉 Thank you!

*UPDATE* Miss Carmen just got out of surgery and is doing great! Stitches look good😁😁😁 Think she got 10 or 11 stitches...
20200709_121142.jpg

Wow, that's awesome! Besides that, she is beautiful! What do you call her color? :love What is she?
Awe, thanks so much! She's a Blue Andalusian. Might be my new favorite breed. She's so resilient, and just has the most interesting demeanor. She's more like an orientle cat than achicken 🙂

Back
Top Bottom